Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • @rapsoe thanks man, very clear now, I have so many notions in my mind that I'm actually trying to uninstall something from it instead of adding eheh

• Hi, I currently still use the hack Canis majoris night to night but especially for the day, I wanted to know if there were new hack, whose image quality was as good as the CM Night, 24p and why not also at 720p, if it works without error writing :)

Thank you to you for your answers

• Well, hacks do push GH2 beyond its intended limits, so the camera may become unstable sometimes.

Of course that happens at the worst possible moment...

To avoid crashes, use low-bitrate hacks like Ralph_B's Sanity v5. But if you want to milk maximum image quality, use Driftwood's Intra hacks, albeit the price to pay may be some instability.

• @gokuan003 give the crossfire setting a blast: VY Canis Majoris 'Night matrix setting' + Cluster works very well

• I work with a 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 95mo / s, I have no problem in 24p, ca going really well, after I ask nothing extreme image quality, or just almost perfect. I film more after day, with the CM Night and still no possibility with error-free hack to film in 720p and HBR

• there are 3 version ... Crossfire has more to find the version that suits me :)

• Shooting a documentary in low light situation. GH2, Canon FD 55mm f1.2, ISO160, driftwood pictoris, 24H, smooth -2-2-2-2. Span worked well on 32GB 45MB/s Sandisk Extreme.

00005.MTS_20120711_185824.741.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 158K
    00005.MTS_20120711_185941.369.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 186K
  • CM night + V6.

• @robbie75vr Spectacular! That may have been the deciding factor for me to finally splurge on a multicopter!

• @robbie75vr which drone did you use?

• @mo7ies I have two drones, one that I made my self and a Droidworkx, but that actually makes no big difference, the difference is made from how you are good to edit the flight software and how you are good to visualize the aerial filming... it's a creative process just like in traditional filming, but it also requires a lot of knowledge, testing and troubleshooting while you setup the best flight parameters for you. Piloting and moving camera at the same time is not a game... it takes at least two years of weekly training.. don't forget that sofar drones crash sometime, they are not safe. So they requires kniwledge in mechanics, electronics, building.... long way, I was very enthusiast at the beginning, now I understood the they can be a nice implementation, not 100% of your production, at the moemnt in my work submission I edit 70% traditional mixed with 30% aerial... but that depends from case to case..

• @robbie75vr Thats so sick dude

• Here's some (mostly) slow motion shots from Cluster v6 'DREWnet'. Really loving this patch!

• @nchamberlain13 That's some of the nicest video I've seen using Drewnet. Can you give some details like how you did the Slowmo, lens, grading, Etc.

Not that it matters as far as the patch but, is the fog from a fog machine or layered in?

• cluster v6 test

• @nchamberlain13 , amazing, now i like even more the Cluster 6 (Drewnet)

• Thanks Everyone!

@peternap As far as the slow motion is was just the 60fps 720p mode on the GH2 slowed down to 24 frames per second. The lenses I used were the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 and the Canon 50mm f/1.8. Grading was done s in Adobe Speedgrade which mainly focused on blues in the shadows and oranges in the highlights.

As far as the fog goes we borrowed a friend's fog machine, and man do those things sure do enjoy setting off fire alarms haha

• Hi

my name is Philip from Germany and i hope you understand me, because my english is not so good. :-) First thanks to Driftwood. It is amazing.

And now I have a big question. Normaly I use big shouldercameras for television in HD (my job!). But for private it is much too expensive. In two weeks I have to film a making of a photoshooting and I want to use my Gh2. Some Cameramoves will be very fast. Only Handcamera. But what shoud i use? 720 50 p 1080 i or maybe the 2k mjpg? the 2k i think ist very good but in dark fields very noisy. Is there an chance for Noisereduction by changing some settings? Are there other pros and cons using 2k?

I use Gh2 with 14-42 and 45-200 and Adobe Premiere cs6.

Thank you...

• @driftwood Sedna Q20 vs Quantum 9b: how do they compare?

• @robbie75vr woah! PRO cinematography

• Hey guys, I just released another test with Sedna AQ1. The purpose is to show the power of sharpening in post and how the footage from GH2 doesn't give so much grain or blocking when adding sharpen.

I was using Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm 1.8 and Smooth (-2-2-2-2)

Read more about the test on my blog: http://davidhjlindberg.blogspot.se/2012/07/increase-depth-power-of-sharpen.html

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions