Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @chromekoda

Thanks always mate. So coooool footage! :-)

"AVCHD 720p freezes the camera very easily in that mode."

What type of card did you use?

• @bkmcwd what kind of film mode do you use?

• UPDATE(2012/07/05):I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/72295#Comment_72295

@ Silent users of my settings, especially GOLGOP3-13 lovers! :-)

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA" setting.

"A" means "Almighty" or "All-around".

Since former GOLGOP3-13s were not able to use the too much low base Q all around, "standard" and "lowlight" were prepared, but since this new GOLGOP3-13 controlled qp appropriately on all the scenes, it was taken as "A."

This is an experimental setting yet. But I am sure that this is one of the best 3GOP. Especially, in 24p, this is the king of 3GOP setting, IMHO. EX matrix adopted as this setting is optimized by my friend in SednaAQ1C at 3GOP.
    This matrix has the middle character of SednaAQ1C and a stock. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to the "motion" over the "static" in 720p.

IMO, I think that it will be an unstable setting which can not be expected when it stops recording if it tries to use 70M in 720/60p. Therefore, I give priority to the stability at which recording does not stop by any means in 720/60p. Only in 720/60p, the actual maximum bit rate is under 55M from such a reason.

Similarly I am going to improve the MAX version "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX" which cannot be played back in a camera succeedingly.

*Deblocking tables are substituted by your liking.

Special thanks to @syoushow!

Please try it! And many thanks for your feedbacks!

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*FSH and HBR are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP and 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card strongly.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele works.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA.zip
  • @hi1130

"what kind of film mode do you use?"

I always use "CINEMA" and "NOSTALGIC" In all my samples, always "CINEMA." This is because contrast is strong, so a codec wavers easily. Since those are test samples to the last. :-)

• @ Silent users of my settings, especially GOLGOP3-13 lovers! :-)

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2" setting.

This changes only the 24p of first BETA version. It has improved so that GH2 codec may not waver more on a high stressed scene.

"A" means "Almighty" or "All-around".

Since former GOLGOP3-13s were not able to use the too much low base Q all around, "standard" and "lowlight" were prepared, but since this new GOLGOP3-13 controlled qp appropriately on all the scenes, it was taken as "A."

This BETA2 is also an experimental setting yet. But I am sure that this is one of the best 3GOP. Especially, in 24p, this is the king of 3GOP setting, IMHO. EX matrix adopted as this setting is optimized by my friend in SednaAQ1C at 3GOP. This matrix has the middle character of SednaAQ1C and a stock. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to the "motion" over the "static" in 720p.

IMO, I think that it will be an unstable setting which can not be expected when it stops recording if it tries to use 70M in 720/60p. Therefore, I give priority to the stability at which recording does not stop by any means in 720/60p. Only in 720/60p, the actual maximum bit rate is under 55M from such a reason.

Similarly I am going to improve the MAX version "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX" which cannot be played back in a camera succeedingly.

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate is about 90M in 24p.)

*FSH and HBR are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP and 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

Please DL original raw data from vimeo to look the REAL IQ.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2.zip
    GOLGOP3-13-A_B2_24p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 175K
    GOLGOP3-13-A_B2_HBR30p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 631 - 178K
    GOLGOP3-13-A_B2_24p_ISO160_trees_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 194K
    GOLGOP3-13-A_B2_HBR30p_ISO160_trees_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 204K
  • UPDATE(2012/07/13):I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7c" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/73996#Comment_73996

UPDATE: I released "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7(Improved Version)"

This is improved in only 720/60p from BETA7.

@ Silent users of my settings :-)

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA7" setting.

Since the BETA6 is too agressive in 720/50p, I detuned it.

*This is the same as BETA6 except 720/50p.

*This is also "Almighty" 3GOP setting.

This EX matrix modified somewhat mildly from SednaAQ1C is optimized to GOLGOP3-13. This matrix has the middle character of SednaAQ1C and a stock. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to a motion over the static in 720p.

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.

*In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other mode, need test.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7(Improved Version).zip
  • @ ALL :-)

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA8" setting.

This is an experimental setting using completely new GOP tables in 1080i /HBR modes. With the old GOP tables, the bit rate fell extremely in the motion. On this GOP table, I am an intention having kept the bit rate from falling also in the motion. This time, HBR25p and 30p are especially adjusted to priority.

By all means, please give me feedback as compared with other former settings!

Since the BETA7 is slightly agressive in 720/60p, simultaneously, this mode was also improved.

*Of course, this is also real "Almighty" 3GOP setting.

This EX matrix modified somewhat mildly from SednaAQ1C is optimized to GOLGOP3-13. This matrix has the middle character of SednaAQ1C and a stock. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to a motion over the static in 1080i, HBR, and 720p.

NOTE:

*In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other mode, need test.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA8.zip
  • GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2&Nokton25mm

Perfect...

• Again, I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA8b" setting.

This "BETA8b" is an experimental setting using new GOP tables in 1080i /HBR modes and also using new EX matrix variation in all modes.

In this "BETA8b", the matrix which make it harder to waver in a codec is adopted.

With the old GOP tables, the bit rate fell extremely in the motion. On this GOP table, I am an intention having kept the bit rate from falling also in the motion. This time also, HBR25p and 30p are especially adjusted to priority.

By all means, please give me feedback as compared with "BETA8" or other former settings!

"BETA8":http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/72766#Comment_72766

Of course, this is also real "Almighty" 3GOP setting. :-)

This new EX matrix modified somewhat mildly from SednaAQ1C is also optimized to GOLGOP3-13. This matrix has the middle character of SednaAQ1C and a stock. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has more adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to a motion over the static in 1080i, HBR, and 720p.

NOTE:

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA8b.zip
  • @tmz Thanks always for using my settings, mate! :-) It's lovely and nice sample for GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2!

• @ Silent users of GOLGOP3-13-MAXs

I think the latest "BETA8" and "BETA8b" are not good in HBR and FSH probably. :-( "BETA7" is better than these versions in HBR and FSH. However, 24p of "BETA8" and "BETA8b" work fine. Since I am testing the matrix of Chris and NIck now, there is seldom time. But, I will update them soon.

• nice setting.

• UPDATE(2012/07/13):I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7c" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/73996#Comment_73996

I released the improved version of "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA7". http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/72523#Comment_72523

@tomz Thanks for very good sample footage! :-) This is with GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2.

• UPDATE(2012/07/13):I set "GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2_BETA7" to "GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2" officially. :-)

@ Silent users of GOP3ZILLAs :-)

I release new experimental but orthodox "GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA7" setting.

According to the opinion of @cbrandin, bandwidth will be wasted if DC value is not 4 or more. Since the release of the new matrix of Chris had not been permitted yet, I adjusted GOP3ZILLA of the stock matrix anew. I think that DC value always becomes 4 or more with this setting.

If there is no problem in this setting, I would like to make this into the formal "version 2."

Please try it!

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bit rate in 24H = around 100M probably)

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H and 24L both.

*For the user of both PAL and NTSC, of course.

*In camera playback is available in 24p. In other mode, also available after reboot the camera.

Please DL original raw data from vimeo to look the REAL IQ.

bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA7.zip
    841B
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_24p_ISO120_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 634 - 179K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_HBR30p_ISO120_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 634 - 186K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_24p_ISO120_town_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 191K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_HBR30p_ISO120_town_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 632 - 198K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_24p_ISO800_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 179K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_25p_ISO800_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 184K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_HBR30p_ISO800_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 183K
  • @bkmcwd Great work your are doing !

Since the month of May you released successively the following settings:

GOP3ZILLA-MAX_Standard_V2_BETA5 GOP3ZILLA-MAX_Standard_V2_BETA1&2 GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA2 GOLGOP3-13-MAX_SednaAQ1C_Standard_BETA1 GOP3ZILLA-MAX_standard_V2_BETA7 GOP3ZILLA-MAX_Standard_V2_BETA5 GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA3 GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA4 GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA5 GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA5 GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA6 GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA6 GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2 GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7(Improved Version) GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA7 GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA7 GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA7 GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA8b GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA8

By comparison Flowmotion had only 3 releases in the same period of time.

Can you help us choose by telling which ones your consider as obsolete, which ones your consider are still in the process of testing & (major ?) improvement, and which ones your consider as "official release" ?

Thanks again.

• @pwc

Thanks for very good question! :-)

Since I test every day, this is an uncanny number if I survey now. lol

It is only "GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA7" that I think that it has completed in these. The setting which I like now is this.

And it is "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7(Improved Version)", "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA8b", "GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2", "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_SednaAQ1C_Standard_BETA1", and "GOP3ZILLA-MAX_standard_V2_BETA7" that I am going to continue improve. Verification is more nearly required although I think that these are done mostly. It may become an official release version as it is. Since I am developing a completely new setting now, these improvement may become, after it is released.

You may ignore except the settings which I mentioned here.

• Now, I am working on improving "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7(Improved Version)" for a while. :-)

• I played with GOP3ZILLA_standard v2_BETA7 yesterday and it work great! Testing was done with Nikkor 28mm f2 and Rokinon 35mm f1.4 lens on wondlan stabilizer. Spanning and in camera play back works. ISO was set to auto and IDynamic was set high. I will be using it tomorrow for a wedding engagement shoot. Thanks @bkmcwd.

• @HillTop1

Thanks for using my setting and feedback! I am glad for BETA7 to work well for you. :-) Now, that is also my favorite one.

• @ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

I release the improved version of "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7c".

I think this "BETA7c" is more stable than "BETA7(Improved V)" in FSH and HBR mode.

Please try it!

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7c.zip
  • here are some GOLGOP3-13-EX beta 4 samples. Thanks for your great efforts. I'm loving and enjoying your setting.

Nature

Snap movies

keep up good work!

• @soru

Many thanks foy your lovely good footages for sample! I think that "BETA4" and "BETA7c" brings the completely same result in 24p. Please try. :-)

• GH2_test_02 from K.SHIRAKAWA on Vimeo.

GH2 hack:GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA7c KIPON adapter + samyang35mm F1.4 golliragrain etc Music: Zipper & Tits (My old film)

My newest film poetryfilm.wordpress.com/

• @shirap

Thanks for nice footage! :-) Looks very good.

• @shirap nice footage! Used LED Light? It's Grading Great!!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters