Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • @strancali @proaudio4 thank you guys : ) It is the CLUSTER 6 - looking like the 4k photo jpegs of the gh2 ; ) @driftwood thanks Nick!

This one is again 24L, 14-42 panny at 42mm with the ExTele on and higher iso(320,400?), holds pretty good I think.

cluster_v6_24L_ExTele.png
    1440 x 900 - 1M
  • Cluster v6 works and spans just fine here. Make sure to Format the card before you start recording.

• Very true mo7ies. Thanks for reminding.

• @mo7ies On what cards have you tested the spanning?

• Thanks guys! This is a very sensitive community! I did what you suggested Nick and I cannot see any in camera preview of this file (on the bottom right corner I see 3/4 "This motion immage cannot be read"). I formatted the SD CARD before installing, also with SD Formatter utility. Nothing to do. I cannot not try to read the file because I'm now on a very old Powerbook in Bolivia, just imagine. Could you please suggest some good patch, that spans correctly, with in camera playback? I was using Quantum 50 until I realized it stopped at around 14 minutes in SL!! Any valid substitute. Tomorrow I'll have some shoot for a documentary with the landless movement in Bolivia.Deep jungle! Please

Thanks Blessing

• @Driftwood Great patch!!not one crash,but I did have the occasional "can't playback in camera error",no problem just powered down and powered back on and I could view the footage.I tried every mode,very stable in conditions that would have for sure crashed other patches.The IQ is very,very good! 14-45mm,ISO160,SS 50

1.PNG
    1284 x 675 - 393K
  • @EYESOUL Smart looking footage. Ive been waiting to see if someone would test & deliver some flowing water shots Thanks for this mate. Looks reeeeal gooooood. I feel like I'm with you there :-)

• BTW that was shot in 24pH.

• @davidemar you wrote:

Could you please suggest some good patch, that spans correctly, with in camera playback?

If all else fails, try Ralph_B's Sanity v5, it is great and super low bitrate and spans forever.

Whatever you do, I hope you are using these cards ONLY as your media for GH2: http://goo.gl/gbQf4

• and to add to @mo7ies, make sure you buy from authorized sellers like BH in order to avoid fakes (a lot on ebay)

• I took Cluster v6 for a quick test drive using Sandisk Extreme 32GB, 30/mbs with Panasonic 14-140mm lens. All recording modes worked with no errors. All of the clips (approximately a minute each) were playable in camera with no problems. Cheers.

• Some goon on youtube reacts to Cluster V6...

• Damn, cluster V6 does look damn good!

• Driftwood Mysteron :-)

• Cluster v6 ungraded straight out of the camera. I added a tad of sharpening in post but no grading.

24p Cluster v6 - Standard -2 -1 -2 -2 iso320 custom wb

• First semi-paid gig. Most straight out of camera - couple of clips have slight RGB correction.

Hack: Driftwood Sedna Q20/C (Skin Tone) Lenses: Mostly with a Olympus 45mm f/1.8 ED M.Zuiko, and a few shots with Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 12mm f/2.0 and the Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Mode: 24p Cinema Profile: Vibrant -2 -2 -2 -2

• @onionbrain Damn! That goon is one fine documentary maker. :-)

• @strancali Great footage and demo of Cluster v6. Thanks.

@BigBadFun Good looking gig! Nice transformation, what do you think of Sedna C then?

@Braamokiev Excellent Mysteron material there methinks :-)

• And the Oscar for 2012 Bush Film of the Year goes to.......Nick Driftwood!

Seriously, yet more brilliant work. Am loving C6. Haven't had time to do much testing but using 45/200 pannie lens have shot short (20 sec) sequences on a 16gig class 4 card with no record or playback in camera issues whatsoever. So I'm not even sure high spec cards are that essential any more - although for real shoots would still use them just for safety. Have noticed greens pop out a bit but easily corrected in post.

Out of interest, how low can you drop the bitrate on C6 before noticeable image degradation occurs? To my untutored eye, the C6 image quality difference between 24H and 24L is pretty minimal and I seriously doubt that Joe Punter would notice it.

Thanks again for all the hours and intelligence you and many others are putting in for the gh2 community.

• Okay a really dumb question I'm sure. I've just started playing with Cluster V6. Looking at the history it appears there has been no in camera playback since Cluster V4 as V6 also doesn't playback in my GH2. Is this correct?

• @glopro / @pundit We wanted to see how far we could push 24pH without problems and thats why its around 70M+. Of course you can lower it to achieve in-camera playback for spanned files - try around 60M+ on the bitrate if you like. Or wait for v6.1 for reliable incam playback. Or increase the L setting to 60M and use that!

Remember, if it doesn't achieve plaback its highly likely too great a data rate for the in camera player to playback. Or consult the tips made earlier.

@All Anyone had time to make some decent 720p or HBR footage with Cluster v6 'DREWnet' yet to show us all?

• There must be something wrong with my cards, but Cluster v6 doesn't span in any modes (not in 24H or L, nor in 720p modes). The cards are Sandisk 32GB 30 MB/s and 45 MB/s. They are not fake for sure. The hack works perfectly, but doesn't span. I am so sad because I love the image quality and the recording length :( have to buy 95 MB/s cards?

• @nemvan Format cards. Try a small span at first. Is it stopping at 4Gb?

• Hey guys thanks! It seems that cluster 5 spans correctly, i tried yesterday night on a friend's mac with movist. Maybe we solved the other errors! The problem still remain in camera playback! now i understand it seems the rule on cluster patchs!isnt'it? I use my sd card only for my GH2, there's no SETTING.BIN inside (I have no idea what it is!) and I think is an original one (SANDISKULTRAPRO II 64GB95MB/S), didn't buy it on e-bay! Nick, is in camera playback working on those cluster (5 and 6) patchs with spanned files? I loved Quantum50, I'm going back there! SH was spanning correctly there I think! Cluster preview problems are on spanned files not on small preview as 10/20 seconds!

Thanks guys so gentlemen!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions