Personal View site logo
12.5mm Panasonic 3D lens for $79

http://www.adorama.com/IPC12512.htm (they are on backorder now, but promise to ship on arrival)

Lens works pretty good, actually. It is not made for landscapes, etc, but for small spaces and near objects it works good.

• 19 Replies sorted by
  • I saw that a while ago in 43rumors and I wondered how badly these must have been selling for the price to drop like this. Then someone said they were giving it away in Sweden if you bought the 45-200mm...

What is the user experience on this one? What are the drawbacks? We are talking about an output with pretty much reduced resolution right? And is that small stereo separation big enough to produce a convincing end result? What is the FOV of the final image?

• You can search for reviews.
    Small interocular distance has some advantages, as you can shot at smaller distances.

About resolution. You'll be viewing images on 3D TV or 3D monitor, and photos will have plenty of resolution for them.

• As for bad 3D lenses sales.
    Thing is, they are not best solution for average customers yet. They are much slower and require basic understanding of 3D even with such small interocular distance.

I really like 3D, and absolutely do not care about 4K and RAW trends.

• 4K i can understand but you not being for RAW? why ? (:

• Thanks Vitaliy. I wanted experiment 3D with this Lens.

• Yup. They are giving these away. have to try it. These are also $79 on B&H. Sometimes they go for as low as $49 new on amazon. Yikes!

• Remember this lens will not do 3D video unless you cover the electrical contacts and treat it like an MF lens. It has a fixed aperture and fixed focus.

I like 3D as well. I just don't think the 3D from this lens is useful.

• Here a link with a mod made to have a lower focus distance : http://www.drt3d.com/Panasonic3DLens.pdf

• Great Link, just added to BHP cart

• It seems MPO photo file can be split into 2 JPEGs. Each JPEG can be edited on apps like Lightroom. Photoshop CS6 supports MPO format natively.

But it is noit made for 3D video

After going through all the troubles, I can’t watch it in 3D without buying 3D TV.  That’s a moot point though.

• This lens is pretty cool for 3D time lapse! It's nice to have in the bag of tricks with a GH2. I use it quite a bit.

• "one man's rubbish is another man's treasure" :)

There's no bad m43 lens for sure. I'm sure this 3D lens can be a useful tool for creative minds.

• Fun Factor :)

• The price dropped. $69.

• I just orderd the Lumix 45-200 mm and will pay about 2700 skr (270 euro) and then I get the Lumix 12,5 mm 3D lens for free.

• Now I tested Lumix 12.5mm 3d-lens on my Lumix G3 and made this pic for the web in Photoshop Element. Hope there is some 3-d effect in the pic.

3d-4web.jpg
    3648 x 1368 - 806K