Personal View site logo
GF2 Stable Settings
  • 614 Replies sorted by
  • I need some feedback on Cluster v5 on GF2. Please download and give it a whirl. Thanks, Nick

Driftwood 'Globular' (Cluster v5 12-15 GOP Special) - setb.zip
  • Cluster5 is the clear winner, in my recent test. Both Cluster4 and Cluster5 are out-resolving Flowmotion2.02 and now Cluster5 has the better shadows, too. This is, of course, just my own opinion, based on my testing, which may or may not be accurate. I try to eliminate all variables, but there could easily be something that I've overlooked. I know that framegrabs, or whatever they're called, would be helpful here, but I don't know how to do that.

• On my Gf2 really liking Cluster 5 in 1080i seems to be a great quality to file size mix. I also use 720p for the ex tele zoom mode. This is also good but not having in camera playback is a real restrcition for me. I've tried disabling B files. This sorts playback but also causes write errors in EX mode.

Any suggestions on how to keep the 1080i settings but have realiable 720 not using B frames would be really appreciated.

• Believe it or not, this is a footage from GF2!!!

Cluster v5

• @coors Although I designed Flow Motion v2.02 explicitly for the GH2, it also appears to work reliably on the GF2 and GF3, with one exception - in-camera playback does not work reliably in 100Mbps modes. This is an unfortunate limitation of the GF2/3 that I found with any patch higher than about 50Mbps.

In terms of motion picture quality, I wasn't able to compare FM2 with Cluster 720p modes myself, as Cluster consistently produced write errors on nearly all of my FM2 test subjects.

• ?! Not. We found regular errors on Flowmo when it was overstressed. And now Cluster v6 (below) clears the way for ALL modes without overtaxing your biitrate. Stunning quality.

• @driftwood I will do the testing once I am back from Holidays next week...

• Lumix GF2 - 300$ Lomo 25mm 1.4 - 30$ noname chinese viewfinder - 20$

Who is cheaper? :)

• P.S. nudity content

• @zinin maybe you can make videos with quality lens and less nudity

• nudity content

Nobody's gonna watch it now!

• Hi @zinin, your videos with GF2 are incredible. Fast lens like 50mm 1.4 and cctv 25 mm 1.4 on GF2 makes the difference, indeed. I am very interested in your use of lomo cctv 25 mm 1.4 it seems a good lens, very sharp and natural look, however, like other 25mm cctv lens, I've noticed that has a specific look, too smooth on the corners. I want to know if this smooth-effect is more evident when you focus a close subject or viceversa...

• Here you go. Probably the most stable settings to date.

*** NEW *** Cluster v6 'DREWnet' - The Ultra Reliable Setting is now released.

• iA recordings in HBR look stunning.
    • 720p60 modes span and look great.
    • 720 modes with Etc and iDynamic on High actually works.
    • You DON'T neccesarily need the bestcard for this setting.
    • GH2: 24pH / L Both look great and will regurlarly resolve the target Q of 16 where possible.
    • Tested by twelve beta testers to work on GH2 and GFx.
    • Incorporates the best of Orion & Sedna matrices for those familar to Driftwood GOP1 settings.
    Cluster v6 - 'DREWnet' 12-15GOP Top Reliability Setting - seta.zip
  • This was made for you guys :-)

BTW: Cluster has always been a Long GOP patch. We've been thru many implementations now.

• @driftwood very impressive in all forms. I'll try it on Panny lens shortly -- been using patch on Canon EF 50mm. Some great results so far. Thank you so much.

• Thanx driftwood i'll test when i finish My canon 40mm f1.7 Lens Mount Adapter I take the lens out of Canon canonet ql17 giii Thanx All

• Can't wait to use it :D Stupid question: I already updated body firmware to 1.1 (without patching it), can I re-update a new 1.1 patched or should I go back to 1.0? :\

• @subco. Good shots you've done. What lens did you use might I ask?

• @subco , great, Cluster v6 shines on GF2 :-)

• GF2 is quite good on close ups/ in tight, wide shots are where it shows it's short comings.

• Yep, no individual patch can fix that. My iPhone GF2 reminder notes tip "avoid wide distance shots".

• Hi @driftwood GF2 sensors output is 30p ( AVC 720p60 it duplicates frames to achieve the 60p ) Maybe it is worth to introduce additional parameters for GFx? What other restrictions have to GFx at your settings?

• GF2 with Driftwood's Cluster v6 'DREWnet' - Lens is Canon 50mm (100mm) FD mount (w/adaptor) - f1.8. Color scene selected: "food". Shot at 1080/50i (Pal). Uploaded with SSL Youtube uploader, straight out of the camera (no color correction, nothing changed on fps and bitrate)

Mediainfo says: Overall bit rate : 24,6 Mbps Maximum Overall bit rate : 58,7 Mbps Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec Format profile : High@L4.0 Format settings, CABAC : No Format settings, ReFrames : 2 fotogrammi Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=23 Bit rate mode : Variabile Bit rate : 23,5 Mbps Maximum bit rate : 50,0 Mbps Width : 1 920 pixel Height : 1 080 pixel Display aspect ratio : 16:9 Frame rate : 25,000 fps Color space : YUV Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 Bit depth : 8 bits Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.453

Any suggestion? Is this the best I can get from GF2 with this lens? (I'm a newbie). Thanks for your precious help and THANKS to Driftwood!

• Shoot something with more detail and the bitrate goes up.

Any GF2 testers want to try something for me? PM me.

• Yes Driftwood 720p no playback in camera 1080i ok Motion JPEG IS GREAT(more than details) THANX

Cluster V6 720 50p.jpg
    1291 x 673 - 301K