Personal View site logo
New Music Video "Cronofobico"
  • First of all, thanks to all for what we´ve learn this couple of months! It has been much more than hacks and more about film making. This work was mainly done with timelapses, using burst mode, a timelapser controller and a DIY Slider.
    The other scenes were shot with @driftwood ´s orion! Hope you enjoy and we´ll apreciate any kind feedback

• 49 Replies sorted by
  • Fantastic work! Great song and video.

• That was incredible. Beautifully done and I love the song as well.

• thx guys!

• Superb!

• Just a question: how did you get the clock to melt?

• @MrEdd Which Micro Four Thirds lenses did you use?

• @rikyxxx using 2 hot air guns, one on each side, and getting real close between timelapser interval

@leejb4 2 lenses voigtlander 25mm and olympus 14-54 (wider shots)

• No-one's mentioned the colours yet, but I really love them. I assume it was graded in something or other?

Anyway smokin' video (in many senses)!

• Beautiful! very gentle hand. Anything with smoke or atmosphere gets my eyes. If you could post a link to where we could buy a cd of the music, that would be great. Love to see the motion control rig you developed for this. Thanks for posting!

• @MrEdd Thanks, and exquisite work. This has got to be some of the best GH2 work I've seen.

• Thank you @Mark_the_Harp! It was graded in AE with colorista II, I attached below a before/after comparison!

GradingA.png
    1920 x 816 - 2M
    GradingB.png
    1920 x 816 - 1M
  • @bheath I´m glad you like it! You can hear them on http://www.myspace.com/zorraproject And as soon as we can, we´ll post some pictures of the Slider.

• @Leejb4 Thank you! That is really encouraging since we all already have seen great work from this tiny camera!

• Great work, loved it...How did you do the shots of the band members fading in and out ,yet the camera is moving? were they green screened ?

• @bheath I attached some pics of the slider

@sammy Thx! It´s easier! Since the slider is motorized, you just need to make 2 takes, one of those without the subject and then play with opacity between them

1.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 132K
    2.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 109K
    3.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 124K
    4.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 113K
  • @MrEdd - Jeeze that's brilliant! And so is your use of it. Thanks.

• nice! do you have any links on how to make that slider?

• Yep - great use of a motorized slider to do two takes and mix between them. I've often done just a mix between two static shots, but using a slider to do repeatable shots and mixing between them - that's a genius idea!

• wow, thats a great idea, so the timing would be just perfect, i guess the only way to do that shot is using a motorized slider, a normal one wont work

• Wonderful! An excellent track with an excellent video. What more do you need? :)

• That, my friend was pure joy to watch. It embodies so much of what I love in this world . . . unique and original things; filmmaking, music, even the location was a piece of art. beautiful,

and since this is P-V, dare I say the GH2 gives it an unmistakable and wonderful vibe. You truly played to the camera's strengths here, you clearly paid attention to your lighting and framing.

• great! I's like to repeat& confirm what @B3Guy said.

• @MrEdd Thanks for sharing your craft and showing us how you made the video.

Looking forward to seeing some new music videos by you in the future :-)

• Brilliant work!

Great music, great footage and amazing grading & editing. Somehow I was lead top believe this was an American or British progressive band and I was about to comment on how they vaguely reminded me of Dead Combo:

And then I saw a few names in the comments and it hit me: "Shit, these guys are making brilliant music, they are Portuguese and I had never heard of them... Where the f**k have they been hiding?"

Well, it's a bit hard to keep up when dozens of great Portuguese bands have emerged in the last 2-3 years and in good time they did... :)

• Thanks a lot guys! It´s really great having your feedback!

About the idea of mixing the takes, it´s the same principle used on motion camera control, but on a low-tech device :)

@sammy unless you have a bishop on your film crew, that´s the only way