Personal View site logo
US: Media
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • There is simply no accounting for human taste

No one is accounting anything. They are forming it.
    Your whole model of the world around you is formed in your head.
    If you listen and watch media for years you make the certain model.
    Generally, it is their goal.
    In any talk with people who watched media owned by corporations above you can quickly catch same words, same logic and same approaches. Yet all of them declare that they "independently" got to this opinion.

Hollywood can't even predict it, how else to explain JOHN CARTER? Why does Kim Kardashian dominate the media?

I really suggest to read something how Hollywood and its financing works. And how random it can be :-)

Kim Kardashian. LOL. You presented yourself best example of my point. How you can feed the people by bullshit for years if you control media.

• I laughted here.

Well the joke is on you. There is simply no accounting for human taste. Hollywood can't even predict it, how else to explain JOHN CARTER? Why does Kim Kardashian dominate the media?

This isn't the Matrix. You cannot neatly package the world into a neat little box.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Can you give similar data set for Russia, China and the example of Syria?

• NEWS is defined as anything that interests people.

I laughted here.

And what about the independence of journalists? That's something drilled into every Journalism student on the planet and is why you have executions of journalists in places like Mexico. You can't just pretend these things don't exist to fit a conspiracy narrative.

Independence from whom? All journalists I know (including, and especially, western ones) are absolutely dependent guys. Most of their life they obey the orders, as in army, as they are, in reality, an informational army doing their job.

• The implication here is that these conglomerates work in unison and have a specific agenda. The only agenda I know of is market share and ratings. You'd never get these guys to line up behind anything more complicated than that. Also, NEWS is defined as anything that interests people. So there's a chicken versus egg argument that you're not willing to even consider. That the news follows people is more compelling than the media is exerting some sort of George Orwell mind control imo. Real life is random, not the Matrix. And what about the independence of journalists? That's something drilled into every Journalism student on the planet and is why you have executions of journalists in places like Mexico. You can't just pretend these things don't exist to fit a conspiracy narrative.

• @GOODEMPIRE

Yep. I just looked at the thirt part (I mean with number 3), and couldn't get your notice.

• 277 million to 232 execs. they inverted the equation for some reason. and got "850 000 subscribers."

• @GOODEMPIRE

Where specifically you see error?

• they messed up with math in their 3rd chart. which doesn't serve their purpose well.