Personal View site logo
Best Hack Settings for Low-Light Interior Event?
  • I'm shooting a concert at a cafe next weekend for a band. I've been testing lots of hacks. Here's how I'll be shooting and what I'm looking for:

-With Zeiss Primes wide open between F1.4 to F2.8 -ISO up to 640, preferably not beyond that. -My longest take may be up to ten minutes. The show shouldn't last more than 30. -I have one of the new 16GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 45mb/s cards. I will probably purchase a 32GB 45mb/s this week before the show. -I will probably take several 720p/60 shots for later conversion to slow-mo. -I'd like to reduce noise as much as possible. -I'm shooting the entire concert static with a Sony EX-1 and using the GH2 for close-ups and handheld coverage, so I suppose long takes aren't necessary. I can stop recording and start again and cut to my EX-1 coverage. So I have a back up.

Let me know if you need more info, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to use Sedna A but the only issue is spanning, which again is not absolutely necessary but would be nice. I'm testing Sedna spanning right now with my 16GB 45mb/s card to see how it does.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: My 16GB 45mb/s card does not span the Sedna A 24H setting but it does span the Sedna 24L setting.

Also, the much debated question: should I shoot smooth or nostalgia? There will be a lot of shadows and I don't want the shadows full of noise.

• 1 Reply sorted by
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions