Personal View site logo
Super-slow conversion of hacked GH2 footage on the new Vimeo
  • Has anyone else had the a problem with uploading hacked GH2 footage on to the new Vimeo? Yesterday I uploaded 1 minute of GH2 Sedna C footage filmed with a bitrate of 166 Mbps to the new Vimeo. It is a .mov file which is about 1GB big. After the successful upload I got a message on my browser screen from Vimeo which informed me that the bitrate was excessively high. I understand that the high bitrate is due to the hack and I am not quite sure whether downsampling is either desirable from an aesthetic point of view or whether it is technically actually possible. For more than 16 hours I have been informed that "Conversion is about to begin. Great things are about to happen - your video will start converting shortly" without any progress. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I really suggest to read Vimeo guidlines to understand that video settings are preferable for upload.

• Thanks, Vitaly. In terms of bitrates Vimeo informs us that we should "use 2000 kbps for standard definition or 5000 kbps for high definition video". My problem is that as a novice to Final Cut Pro I don't quite know how I can render the footage to 5000 kbps rather than the 166 Mbps.

• Ok, I found the tutorials on Vimeo which explain everything: https://vimeo.com/help/compression