Personal View site logo
My New Upgradeable GH2 Cage From Berkey System
  • What do you guys think? I have a detailed write up on how it came to be and more pics on my blog: http://tvpglabs.com/2012/06/08/my-new-upgradeable-gh2-cage-from-berkey-system/

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • This cage checks the following boxes, which is why I really wanted to have it made:

1. Camera secured at both mounting screw and hotshoe to prevent flex and rocking when using a follow focus.

2. Ability to quickly and easily remove the camera from the cage incorporating an Arca Swiss clamp inside the cage which would also solve my next wish:

3. Absolutely no camera twisting! I hate camera twisting!

4. Easy access to all camera controls, ports, battery door, etc while camera is mounted in the cage.

5. All holes spaced to the ARRI and RED standard to allow use of professional quality accessories.

6. A built in rail block that mounts the cage at the correct height above the rails and prevent the camera and the cage from rotating on the rail block. Have I mentioned I hate camera rotation?

7. A cage that will allow me to upgrade my camera without having to buy a new cage.