Personal View site logo
Just Brick GH2 :(
  • can't believe this i Flash my GH2 with all different Patch have two battery fully Charge i was using GOP3ZILLA-MAX_Standard_V2_BETA2 but was unhappy so went back to Driftwood VY Canis Majoris night the flashing started ok i would say it went all the way to 90% then the screen went blank the Camera was still on so was the screen but nothing was showing i did not touch it for over 1min... but after that i turn it off now it will not turn on I guess this is A Brick?

• 23 Replies sorted by
  • May be try the service menu trick to see if it work? How many times have you flashed your GH2?

• over 10 maybe 15 times How do do the Service Menu Trick? thank you

• but after that i turn it off now it will not turn on

Thing that I am surprised at is that if something happens to camera first thing people want is to make topic on forum. :-)

If it doesn't turn on, try other batteries, and go to service if it won't help, rather then spending time uselessly on forums.

• Vitality forgive me if i offend you?. sorry about the new tread, i do have 2 battery all two like i said are charge the and the cam will not turn on . what is this service mode? can you tell how to

• what is this service mode? can you tell how to

Your camera do not turn on. So, go to service center, really.

• am from South America we have no service center here sucks big time so i guess i should send this to Panasonic?

• @Vitaliy Thing that I am surprised at is that if something happens to camera first thing people want is to make topic on forum. :-)

Perhaps you should include that in the Hack instructions Vitaliy. Many cameras have a secret method of resurrection from some issues. GOPRO's for instance do, and the procedure is discussed on GP sites.

Bricking during a FW update on location is one of my biggest concerns with Nick's CM patches. I have other cameras but only one GH2 and if it dies during an update on location and can't be restored, I'm in trouble if I don't have a backup. It's just one of the pitfalls in hacking these and not everyone is aware of it.

@Tifose I've flashed mine well over a hundred times with no problems...but it still makes me nervous when I do it.

• @peternap i did a lot of flash myself no problem i just can't believe how this happen

• just out of interest are your batteries genuine or aftermarket? google gh1/2 service menu or something like that for a how to get into service mode

• I believe you ask a good Q.. MRfanny i just took a look i have 2 battery but nun of them have LUMIX mark on them not even my charger i did buy the cam off ebay. i guess there after market?

• i just took a look i have 2 battery but nun of them have LUMIX mark on them

Never ever use non genuine batteries during firmware flashing.

I hope you saw this in FAQ - Do not even attempt to use AC coupler or 3rd party battery!

• PM sent Tifose

• had to find out the hard way. anyways VK plz post this so others don't end up like myself

• anyways VK plz post this so others don't end up like myself

Post what? It had been long time in FAQ.

• guess i over look that ok

• Interesting that Panasonic recommend against using the AC adaptor for flashing firmware on the GH2. This contradicts the required procedure with flashing the firmware update on the Panasonic AF100, which will not work UNLESS you are using the AC adaptor.

• @ahbleza

It is nothing interesting, as on GH2 you can't have both AC and battery.

• @Tifose , I understand your feeling. The conclusion is :Use only the genuine Panasonic battery(ies). I think this thread is OK, just to remind other users if someone search "Bricked GH2" ...

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Actually, on the AF100 you can't have both AC and battery configured at the same time, so there's no difference in that regard.

There is a difference that the consumer part of Panasonic recommends battery and not AC for the update, while the pro part of Panasonic requires AC and not battery for the update.

• @Tifose Only using genuine Panasonic batteries during firmware upgrades has been common knowledge since the GH1. Not to mention every FAQ I've ever read states just how dangerous it is to use third-party batteries when upgrading your firmware.

Sorry you bricked your GH2.

• It happened to me in the past: The camera won't finish patching. What I did was load one SD card with old patch that worked and saved before. Voila it work again. Try that.

• @tinbeo did your GH2/GH1 turn on after the first fail Flash? mines will not

• My gh2 was still on while not finishing the patch, showing play green mode. I remembererd that I turned the camera off then reset everything before replacing the old saving patch setting.