Personal View site logo
Should I buy this lens tomorrow? $550 for Tokina 11-16 USED Canon mount?
  • It's for my 5D MK II. Will it work ok as a 16mm?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7077/7274331460_358d5ee187_b.jpg

Do you think the lens is ok? Is that dust on the lens on outside or inside? Would you buy this for $550 if you had the chance?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • It's a great lens but they are selling new at Samys for $650 right now. It's hard to get a used one for under $600 though. You might want to check if it can be used with a full frame sensor. I can't remember if it starts to vignette at the widest point or not. I'm sure someone will provide that answer. But it's being repackaged as a cine lens for 3 or 4 grand right now. The past two behind the scenes videos of Reds I've looked at lately both had this lens on it.

• I believe 14-16 is ok for FF. The vinegrette gets bad below that. :) Thats a good deal if everything is ok.

• @pvjames, oh cool. I wasn't sure. I was just test driving one today at Samys but the only way it will work on my GH2 is with the damn $300 Novaflex adapter. None of the cheap ones work with Nikon lens' on my camera, so that turns it into a $1000 piece of glass real fast! Awesome lens though!

• @jokerzd2

I really suggest to use existing 11-16mm topic in Lenses