Personal View site logo
GH3/GH2/GH1 Cage CNC Solid Block Aluminium Development
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • Any pics of the cage with a GH3? I am extrememly interested in getting 2 well built - custom fit GH3 cages with rod support. So far, I can't find a single GH3 cage anywhere!

• I got a new DSLR cage perfect for GH3, here is my short preview:

Full video review coming later ...

This cage is made by our forum member: @jakef

• Glad to see you're making progress on this cage. Do you know if there will be full access to controls and sd cards on the larger GH3?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev 10 Prototypes will be finished on Wednesday. I thought it was worth seeing if the GH3 dimensions would fit too.

Suitable for GH1,GH2,GH3 possible others.

Adjustable camera placement in cage.

Height adjustable base

Matt black hard anodised cage.

1/4 and 3/8 standard holes.

Red spacing.

Top handle.

Two top handles can also bolt to the 45 angle sides.

Adjustable HDMI clamp. (can go left or right of cage)

The handle is currently a test handle but plain leather round handle may be better

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzphoto-17.jpg
    1632 x 1224 - 804K
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzphoto-18.jpg
    1632 x 1224 - 672K
  • We are currently dealing with installing and dedicating CNC machines for the rig equipment and they are now being set up and calibrated, I'm really itching to get the prototype machined, I'm really hoping its this weekend... At least i have a few extra days to run through the designs.

@alcomposer i understand your frustration, i'd probably have the same reaction. i see that you got your hopes up previously and nothing materialised. Sympathy for that guy though its not that simple to balance the product design process/prototyping/testing/manufacturing/sourcing materials/legalities/tax/distribution practicalities/packaging/finances etc.

@kavadni thanks for your interest, i think hobby CNC machines's are very interesting. using ABS or Delrin would only save a bit of machining time. Cost wise; one aluminium block wont really make a big difference, also its good to use the actual production material in your prototype to see how the machine responds and precision of finish

• Lol...

• Oh Gawd, not again...

• I have only ever had a few custom RC car parts made, and on a hobby based machines. The guy at the car club who does it always machines from hard ABS first, to save protyping costs. I do not know if that sort of procedure is relevent in your case

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thanks, noted I understand respect your policy, currently I'm machining the cage prototype next week so that if any changes needs to be made they can be made to get it right. As soon as that is ready 25 will be produced that is already paid for. 2-3 weeks if all goes well.

Below is what me and Feha @ have currently discussed. @feha Thanks, just started a new topic, i will see what i can do. Anyone near Richmond UK that have a Varavon loupe that i can measure? (How busy are you Mr. Philip Bloom.. ha ha)

You are right I don't think anything or venture is guaranteed and without any risks but i'm trying hard to take most of the risks. I am currently financing the development and initial production of the first 25 or so.

Just in case anyone is wondering about quality; the factory i'm using also makes parts for Formula 1 racing and the Military Aerospace.

• @jakef

I have simple policy here.

Make the actual product, make all other necessary things, after this start telling about it and offer to buy. Not in reverse order.