Personal View site logo
GH2 Broadcast Discussion
  • 40 Replies sorted by
  • @Greek_m43 So cool! Nice shots you did here! + the hacked footage is just outstanding!
    .. the 20mm f1.7 is one of the best lenses I have for my GH1 .. the image is so sharp.. really good lens for m4/3 systems!
  • @Greek_m43, Hey Hey :-) GH2 is getting serious now
  • @Ian_T it is amazing. I even shoot some with Canon FD with the Cinemorph anamorphic filter
  • Good stuff Greek_m43.

Also..I don't know if folks really appreciate how good that 20.mm pancacke f1.7 lens is.
  • @TimeZone They were all 20mm f/1.7 and it was all post zoom, thats why I said sorry for the cheesiness.
  • @Greek_m43
    Really like the news footage you're doing! Did you shoot with the 20mm 1.7 or maybe just the 14-140mm?

Also, did you zoom into that image on the dash with the lens or was that done in post? Seemed to keep good focus.
  • Please excuse the cheesiness of these (I have to :/ ) but everything is shot with the GH2 hacked at 42mbps, except the bad quality b-roll of course. Password is cbs13

• @chrimsbroome the thread was started for this video I did for broadcast, 1st 2 hits hacked gh2 at 42mbps 2nd 2 hits are ex1... password is cbs13

another promo with all hack gh2 is coming in the next 30 minutes
  • There ya go GH2 does broadcast. Just think what the hacked version will do.
  • @Felix Do you have any stabilization system or special rig for GH2 when doing these run'n'gun shots for news?
    I'm sure that the hack will enhance the GH2 one step further!
  • My work involves a lot of run and gun front line news reporting for the likes of the BBC, Channel 4 and even Democracy Now and I'm really proud to have shot all of the material on an unhacked GH2 - Being a UK based journalist does mean commiting to PAL and shot using 720x50p (Exported out to 25p) but running reports like this for the Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2011/jan/31/police-use-cs-spray-on-protestors would never have been possible without those extra frames and so very excited at what the hack will "Enhance" -
    The scenes from the action were all shot on an unhacked GH2.
  • @brianluce Exactly! ... but for example official BBC text: Cameras usually have a minimum of 3x1/2inch sensors and a recording format of 50Mbs long gop or 100Mbs iframe. (HD cam list: http://bbc.in/gKszXV) .. but I 100% agree.. you don't need all of this to be considered as "broadcast" camera.. Some time ago I too shot a news promo with GH13 for a TV station that went to broadcast in 1080p..
  • Yeah, I don't know where people get the idea you need some cam with 4.2.2 color space with uncompressed 8k image shot through a $50,000 lens to be considered "Broadcast". I shot stuff in 720p HDV with 17mb bit rate and it went to broadcast all over the planet.
  • Why...plenty of people (including myself) had crap old HDV stuff broadcast on HD TV...
  • That something that will bring it too a whole new level. If we all keep testing the hacked GH2 it will happen.