Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @tomoz

Thnaks always for beautiful footages mate! :-)

@misunhd

Wow!!! Nice work! :-)

Thanks for using my settings and I am looking forward to completion of Neuron.

• @Benibube, I believe it refers to this:

• @misunhd 6:51AM ..interesting, and impressing done. Would you please explain what is a "Neuron stabilizer" concerning video/film/photo ?

• Thanks for amazing quality setting file and hard work bkmcwd!

Shot with Hacked GH2 by bkmcwd's natural_standerd setting. Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50mm F3.5-6.3 EZ ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 SWD Ai-s Nikkor 50mm 1:1.4 Neuron stabilizer

• GOLGOP3-13standard&natural

• @karl May 12...congratulation Karl ! it's a bussard nestling, on one of its first testflights... a seldom chance...

• @kkmo

You are welcome, however excuse me, I am not detailed about editing software.

@Stray

Hi mate! :-)

" is this just something happening to me ?"

I think that is normal in my latest settings. Although the first 1 second is unstable, it is satisfactory after that.

@soulkeeper

"Have you been in contact lately with @towi?"

Lately no. However. since I also think that he is more detailed than me in the PAL situatioos. I may do need help from him. :-)

• @bkmcwd "offtopic" Have you been in contact lately with @towi? I really trust him concerning the best patch of yours for hbr/25p...

• @bkmcwd and anyone else testing, I'm finding the first second of footage with GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_standard is jumping around a bit with its QP before it settles down (static shot tests) is this just something happening to me ? Its no showstopper, but could be a gotcha.

• I always thank for your help and endeavor. Could you do me a favor one more? Would you recommend the program for compressing HD? Thank you in advance :)

• @karl

Thanks for using GOLGOP3-13 and report! :-)

"How much effort would it be to derive a setting from GOLGOP3 that uses 2 P-frames instead of 2 B-frames between the I-frames?"

Since I have not tried, it is not detailed, but I think so much that it does not take time. I do before long.

• @feha

"what of your settings are best for HB" 25 (PAL) ?"

Although it is up to persons on the basis of what it is supposed that it is the best, in my personal opinion, I think that it is GOP3ZILLA. :-)

• @bkmcwd: I still enjoy using GOLGOP3, I have a hard time, though, to get the material cut in the compressed domain without seeing defect bogus frames before the good ones - most certainly a shortcoming of the software I use for that cutting, and not GOLGOPs fault :-)

Since I suspect that the software has a hard time dealing with the B frames, I was wondering: How much effort would it be to derive a setting from GOLGOP3 that uses 2 P-frames instead of 2 B-frames between the I-frames? (I know that this would lose some coding efficiency, but would still like to try it... if only to make sure that this would make the relevant difference to the cutting software.)

BTW: Right this morning, I was playing around with my newly bought polarizing filter during breakfast. Suddenly, a bird of prey (not seen that often in my back yard) appeared in our plum tree - and I can say the polarizing filter was my only chance to take a decent shot through the 3 layers of window glass between the bird and me... ;-) And GOLGOP certainly helped to retain some useful IQ, as this bird sat in the shadow of the leaves, while the sunlight illuminated some of the background very bright...

bird_of_prey.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 806K
  • (Somehow my browser tends to cause duplicate message submissions with this board software - sorry - deleted!)

• @bkmcwd , what of your settings are best for HB" 25 (PAL) ?

• This is a sample of ISO3200 with GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_standard. QP and IQ are not bad. :-)

GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_standard_24p_ISO3200_night_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 192K
  • @har_k

Thanks always mate! :-)

Since last year, I have stuck to "Q18", though criticized. That is because the good balanced setting is very realizable with "Q18." Now, as for me, it is glad that many people use "Q18."

• @bkmcwd, Thanks for your new settings.

I used "natural_standard" and shot at 24H mode. Good Q value and optimal bitrate in all scenes.

Thanks for your hard work!

*Bitrate around about 40-90Mbps

*FILM MODE is STD.(-2,0,+1,0) and the lens is LUMIX X PZ45-175mm

*SANDISK Extream HD 30MB/s

natural_standard_24p.png
    1327 x 630 - 357K
  • @subco

You are welcome and thanks! :-) If I can take time, I will add English captions.

@kkmo

"Could you tell me the main difference between natural and GOP3ZILLA series ?"

Although there is no telling whether to be transmitted in my English, I explain. :-)

Of course, qp used in macroblocks is different. As a result, a difference appears also in the bit rate.

With natural, the codec works correctly like attached StreamParser also in the extreme scene in which stray of the codec tends to occur.

For example, although a few level lines of high qp macroblocks with GOP3ZILLA appears on such a scene, it does not appear in natural. On the other hand, with GOP3ZILLA, the highest image quality is realized in most everyday scenes. These character is mainly seen in 24p.

natural_standard_24p_ISO160_teagarden_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 195K
  • Could you tell me the main difference between natural and GOP3ZILLA series ? Please let me know difference.

• @adamquesada @subco

Thanks! :-)

I referred to this site and made it by myself. http://www.diycamera.com/index.html Of course, I have also experimented in many things.

Although I myself did not have a special web page, the introduction movie of how to make my gimbal made.

However, since its original work of DIY SteadiCam requires time and money considerably, if it is not your purpose to enjoy to make, I will recommend you to buy Merlin or Flycam etc.

• @JojiW

You are welcome! :-) Thanks for using my settings and please tell me the usage feeling.

• @bkmcwd looks sweet, can you provide any info on this diy setup :) ?

• I like your settings. esp natural. Thank you for your great work.

• I released "natural_standard" setting. :-)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters