Personal View site logo
GH2 smaller aleternative?
  • I need a camera to shoot videos in small corners where there is no space for GH2, is there anything hackable with a comparable quality and smaller dimensions of GH2?

Thanks

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • @subco

Sorry I forgot to say any panasonic m43 alternative

• How about the newly hacked GF2 or even smaller GF3!

• I was thinking about GF2 too, also because I have many m43 lenses so no LX5. Is the hacked GF2 producing videos like the hacked GH2 or.. ?

Thanks

• GF3 is the smaller and cheaper than the GF2 now.. really if the GF line gets any smaller it will be mistaken for a big lens cap, GF3 is patch-able as the GF2, I have used Mysteron and Sedna on it with great results. As with the GF2 you just don't have full manual controls yet. Its sudo manual control..

• OMG! You mean the GF2 can be hacked for manual shutter speed right from the command line?! This is EPIC!

Okay, sudo manual control..

Oh wait. How do I get to the Terminal inside this thing. Service menu? Bluetooth keyboard? Is there a patch for this?

• nikon d3200 or d5100 body only with a 35mm 1.8 nikon prime lens,..

• @robbie75vr

Is the hacked GF2 producing videos like the hacked GH2 or.. ?

No, GF2's sensor is not as good as GH2's hence low light performance and resolution are just a bit worse. That said, it is awesome for it's size. I carry it with pancakes everywhere I go. My current patch is Canis Majoris Skin Tone Soft. I get up to 90Mbps in 1080p30: http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/57529#Comment_57529

Look at @zinin footage @ 30Mbps just below my comment linked above.

• @rajamalik

Nikon doesn not have a comparable quality, even the D800 has a lot of moirè that its killer for architecture videos... plus I'm looking for m43 alternatives to use my pana m43 lenses... I think I'll go for a GF2.

Thanks anyway for your suggestion

• @ssh

Thanks thanks, that's the info I was looking for !