Personal View site logo
beginner question I just got a 30mb/s class 10 needing to know whats the fastest kbps i can record
  • i know theres alot of hacks that go upto 176kbps if i have a 30mb card whats the fastest kbps i can record at. thank you in advance

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • I believe you meant to say "up to 176 Megabits per second".

From my experience, a decent 30Mb/s card should allow you to use a 42Mbps patch and give you just enough room to breath on highly detailed shots.

Using a 45MBs extreme Sandisk, I'm getting write speeds of 14-18 Megabytes per second (when tested on the computer) and I have been recording 60-110 Megabits per second with comfort.

For reference, a 50 megabits per second stream translates to some 6.25 megabytes of constant transfer rate every second.

• Any card will work up to 42 mb/sec with the no adverse affects settings @ 24p. 60-110 mb/sec sounds right for the maximum of the 30 mb/sec Sandisk I have.

• I've used the Sedna patches which are 154mb/sec on these cards successfully. Of course there is no spanning. Ofcourse it depends on what you are shooting. I just shot mostly outdoor with trees etc.

• Ditto, I've gotten between 130-145mb/sec (Sedna) outdoor, with this card. Great card, great price nowadays.