Personal View site logo
12mm f/1.6 Noktor
  • 739 Replies sorted by
  • @matthere

same here, the lens is on its way - finaly

• I ordered one from Adorama yesterday over the phone. Before I went to bed I already had the UPS tracking number and a delivery date of May 1st. Adorama told me it was the last one, so they went pretty fast.

Will update once it's in my hands.

• Now have an UPS tracking number from Fotokon.. The saga continues... and possibly near's its end?

• @Vitaliy I thought about owning this lens. But it seems in forever beta mode where popularity of 7-14 seems exploding. Imagine using a super sharp wide angle lens on 13+ stops dynamic range body :)

• This lens now shows up in stock at an unnamed U.S. camera store

I'll wait for the Chinese knock-off version, the Nokoff 12.75mm,f32, only $19.95 :)

• @stonebat

What do you mean? Initial version had greed ring in front, but all shipped ones are black as I know.
    All else looks like not very connected to reality, including pink proposition. :-)

• There seem so many variations. Green ring version, black ring version, crazy flare version, and different ring rotation version. Geez. What's next? Pink ring?

• Ordered from SLRMagic on the Noktor website on March 25th; E-mailed them early April about their one month estimate and was told that it would ship at the latest April 25th with the previously mentioned updated lens. E-mailed them yesterday(the 24th) about the status and got an e-mail this morning (the 25th) with a UPS tracking number. Hoping there's no problem with the lens.

• I might be interested in selling mine. I have enjoyed using it and love its look and especially the incredibly cinematic flares.

Unfortunately I have a huge amount of underwater filming to do and need to buy a 7-14mm (to say nothing of the case which will cost more than the lens). Can't really see the point of having 2 lenses covering the same focal length. PM me if you're interested.

• Still in stock on the emilyfoto store - £300 + £20 ish shipping has been for months

• Wow, I'm glad I got mine for 349€ at Konijnenberg in the "early days".

• The price on fotokonijnenberg just went up from 399€ to 499!

• Thanks everyone! Trying to track it down for 5 months and get clear answers about it has been as hard as finding the Smoke Monster in LOST! At least that was entertaining! Samyang, please make a 11mm f1.4. M43.

• Well I called them just now, and they literally said (I speak Dutch) "we don't have them, they are on their way to our facility", and "any day now", so it could still be days, but definitely sounds better than months! Guess I shouldn't count on it for the next week's job, but still.

• Fingers crossed!!! OMG! Have a 4 day job starting Monday, and was already planning to use the 14-45 (and still am in the view of the FKB's track record). If they are posting them today... Maybe it's just your batch though, you guys have been waiting forever, I placed my order less then a month ago. Still, happy for you even if that is the case!

• Fingers crossed, indeed! I've sorely been lacking a wide angle lens for my gh2 for some time now.. (ever since bundling the kit zoom to sell with the gh1)

• I have spoken to fotokon this morning (having had an order in since January) they have received the lenses and are posting them out today.. Fingers crossed :)

• @xrayspecs and that ring/hood costs a lot of money! I actually have the step up rings for it, and a generic hood, only the lens is missing. Still, seeing as some people are waiting for 4 months, I guess I have a long way to go before I can even start bitching. I really hope it is not discontinued, as there is nothing quite like it for the m4/3. So @xrayspecs how are your first impressions?

• Fotokonijnenberg says that the shipping date is this Friday, the 20th... We shall see...

• I ordered directly. It's promised to ship first week of may...

• @xrayspecs where did you order from?

• My 12mm SLR Magic was on back order for two months, but I got mine yesterday.

According to the "Quick Guide" in the box (actually just a small card printed on two sides), "due to wide angle view, 77mm filters has [sic] to be used. Filters may be used with the optional lens hood, SLR Magic 58/77 RING."

• 4 months and counting. Today I sent an e-mail with an ultimatum to fotokonijnenberg. A date on when last I should have the lens or a full refund immediately.

Sick and tired of waiting for this shit..

• I made my payment to slrmagic.com (PayPal) March 07, 2012 (PayPal). To date, the lens is not sent for me. I opened Case in PayPal system and SLR immediately promised me to send the lens in three days. Today - third.

quote: "We have an updated version of SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 lens with front ring in black, for the micro 43 system yesterday. The focus ring and the aperture ring will turn in the same direction for this new version - rest is unchanged."

• Anyone got experience buying directly from SLR Magic ? Because the option to buy from there website is there again for a 'PRE-ORDER CINE 12mm T1.6 micro four thirds $549.00 USD'

The fineprint for availability says: 'SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 micro four thirds * 1 month after pre-order date'

Sounds like they are building them on demand only now :(