Personal View site logo
SANITY 4 and 5.1
  • 1139 Replies sorted by
  • nope ... the file was just pushed in post to show the issue.

• Is Its over expusure, you get peaking?

• @Ralph_B

I've tested Sanity 4.1 (PAL) again because I really want this to work as a second option setting with moderate bitrates while still maintaining high IQ (this is what Sanity is about and this is why I have been using Sanity 3 very often).

However I have issues with HBR mode (again: this goes for the PAL version).

I do see "pusling" here and there. It's pretty obvious when shooting highly detailed scenes (less obvious with scenes that do not force the codec to produce large I-Frames). Here's an example (extremely pushed to clearly show the issue) - 100% size on the left, enlarged crop on the right. http://www.file-upload.net/download-4256133/sanity_pulsing_FOTO-JPEG.zip.html

Too, I have a question regarding the 18GOP length in PAL mode. To maintain the same ratio of I-Frames per second I think the GOP length should be 15 in PAL mode.

• NTSC 18GOP = 1,6 I-Frames per second

• PAL 18GOP = 1,4 I-Frames per second

• PAL 15GOP = 1,6 I-Frames per second

This would also preserve roughly the same ratio as the stock GOP lengths (24p + PAL GOP=12 / NTSC GOP=15).

As several settings in PTools apply to both PAL and NTSC modes at the same time I think it could improve things if you would preserve this ratio (so the same amount of I-Frames per second in PAL as well as in NTSC mode). What do you think?

The pusling thing is really annoying. Other than that Sanity V4 again is a great setting - many thanks!

• 3.65d work

• thx...sorry..but is spanning the unlimited recording time with new files at 4,3 gb?

• I use PTool v3.64d. I assume 3.65d will work, but can anybody confirm this?

• hello Ralph_B, i want test the 4.1 at first time. Must i patch with ptool365d? TXH for your work

• The settings are in Sanity already, hence...

Sanity 4.1 for the GF2 (mostly NTSC)

What: Discarded GH2-specific settings and added MotionJPEG values to obtain what I consider the highest image quality possible on 720P. The downside is that the (MotionJPEG HD) footage is not playable in-camera.

Also, to record in MJPEG 720P, you'll need a very fast card. With enough detail, is not uncommon for the bitrate to go over and stay at 100+Mbps, but I can assure you that the results are worth it. Take that P2!

edit

I suppose that if in-camera playback of 720 Motion JPEG was needed, one could simply modify the 480p width/height to 1280x720 and then just assign the E1-4 Quality/Tables default values to the F1-4 Quality/Tables. That way you could have your choice of High quality 720P (HD) or 720P standard (VGA) on the same patch. Unless I'm missing something here.

setj.ini
    Sanity41_GF2.zip
    628B
  • Second the GF2 ini file upload, ill test it on GF3 also

• jclmedia I have 16gb 95mbs sandisk pro card,and all mode(+etc) have worked perfectly (PAL), only 24p playback does not work until re-connect the power to the camera. Everything works the same way 16gb 30mbs sandisk. I recommend....

• @pdlumina Please attach your ini file that I try on my GF2 thank you

• @pdlumina

Sanity doesn't require an uber fast card. I developed it using Sandisk class 10 30M cards, so naturally, that's what I recommend. But probably any class 10 card will be fine.

Congrats on getting it to work on the GF2!

• mPlayerX works well on Mac. WMP and Splash Lite work well in Windows.

• hey Ralph_B, thanks a lot for the settings. After discarding GH2-specific parameters, I'm using them on a GF2 with a stock lens and the 1080i60 footage comes out clean (see screen attached).

Stream Parser reports a peak of 5.6 Megabytes per second and while my current PNY can take it, I wonder.. do you advise a particular SDHC card with plenty of extra room (speed wise) to use Sanity 4.1 with? I'm more interested on reliability than space (so even 4 or 8GB cards are an option)

not-a-good-cook.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • It's probably VLC. That's typical behavior with VLC and these patches.

I use Splash Lite but I don't know if they make a Mac version.

• @orlandopiano

I strongly suspect the clips are fine but the problem is with your playback. I don't have a Mac so I can't advise you. Perhaps someone else can.

• I tried Sanity 4.1 NTSC with my GH2/14-42mm stock lens on a SanDisk 32gb 45 mbs card, and none of the videos I shot (seven of them) will play past 10-15 seconds or so. Some stutter a bit and then stop, while others just stop. I used VLC on my iMac, also tried it on my MacBook Pro. Any help would be appreciated. I am an absolute beginner here, so it could be something simple.

• @jclmedia

Dude, you came to the right place. Load up Sanity 4.1. You won't have any freezes in any mode. The only thing I caution you about is that 16GB 95Mbps Sandisk card. Although they are very fast, those cards have been known to momentarily drop down to a very low write speed, which can cause a freeze. Sandisk class 10 30M cards are solid. People have reported success with other class 10 cards, as well.

• Im using mysterion right now and I have 16gb 95mbs sandisk pro card. I really need a Good patch that wont freeze up my gh2. I was shooting in 720 60p last nite and it froze and i had to take battery out to begin filming again and i missed my friends trick. This is really making me mad ahah, I cant seem to find any stable patchh at all.. Ne idea? only thoughts would be to go back to stock settings... :(

• This is a color grading test with Sanity 4.1 by Ralph B - PAL version @ HBR 25p settings. Password is "123qwe!"

• @wigginjs

Sorry, not yet.

• Is there a version of this patch that will span HBR?

• @EYESOUL did you change pal<>ntsc?
    probable you now it already, but after every setting change, turn the GH2 off, and on, then format your card, that did the trick for me. even when not changing pal<>ntsc

• @balazer I will try that thanks..

• @Ralph_B lol yea my camera was freaking out..In all fairness it wouldn't play back the still photo moments after recording a very detailed wide shot..that's the thing,some less detailed shots would playback in both 24pL and 24pH mode, but if the scene was real detailed it would show a error.

Again I couldn't get the patch to crash,but these are the issues I ran in to..love the IQ of the patch and thanks for your efforts on producing it.