Personal View site logo
Short test clips using Sedna AQ1 A,Cake v 2.0,Sanity 4.1 and stock 1.1 in HBR-720/50p and Ex.Tele..
  • Hi to all! Shot on a tripod,14-42 kit lens,f 5.6,1/50sec,iso 160,daylight WB,standard picture (-2,-2,0,-2),using a Tiffen Digital HD ND 1,2 filter(4stops..) Four clips for each of the four settings/patches about 20-30sec. So where can i upload them in order to see the differences? youtube?

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • Do you have anywhere you could upload the RAW files? Youtube/vimeo compression tends to mush up many differences in my opinion.

• Yes ,i have filesonic.. I started uploading now..

PS i've just realized that sharing has stopped at filesonic..so i have to find another solution..

Is there any free service i can upload?

• No idea where you can upload all is in the FBI hand ;-P But what are your impressions about the 4 settings?

• i've not checked them yet... i've just shot and wanted to upload so you can judge as more experienced...it's only 10days i have GH2 so i'm really a beginner... So you think that uploading to vimeo or youtube will be difficult to judge any differences due to the compression?

• Others will probably disagree, but I think it is. At least to the level that I personally want to see. The tiny detail and compression nuances tend to get spoiled a bit.

• very difficult, but interesting comparison to see, you must take a screen shot of footage (same scene) and compare it in different layers in Gimp or photoshop, or boost colours in the NLE ecc.

• @soulkeeper You could try hosting them on Wuala. You must download their program and then you can upload your files and share them with the community with a URL provided by Wuala. http://www.wuala.com/

They are offering thru the end of March 31st (today!) 2GB extra storage for free.

I added this yesterday and it works well! Anyone can get 2 GB free storage thru the end of today. Wuala was started at the ETH (University of the Sciences) in Zurich, was purchased by LaCie and is now bundled with LaCie drives. Wuala is still based in Switzerland. Maybe the FBI won't shut them down too.

You will need to download the Wuala program, install it, goto preferences, click the storage tab and add the code below... to get your 2 GBs for free. I also added the serial #s off some of my existing LaCie rugged drives and received 10 GB free storage for each drive. Pretty cool! (Besides using Wuala, I have no affiliation with them, but, I was living in Switzerland when LaCie bought them, it was big news).

http://www.facebook.com/mywuala/posts/10150684901469871 No need to goto FB. Here's what you need to know:

"It is World Backup Day soon. Try out Wuala with additional 2GB of extra space with the Code WORLD_BACKUP_DAY and keep your files secure and safe."

This worked for me yesterday.

• @CFreak.. ok..installing right now on mac..

EDIT Uploading now the first set of 720/50p clips (stock 1.1,sanity 4.1,Cake v 2.0,Sedna AQ1 A

• Ok...hope i uploaded them right..

https://www.wuala.com/soulkeeper/Videos/GH2%20tests/?key=LZsPzSWZ600r

Edit: please let me know if the shot is suitable for judging any differences between the different patches so i'll continue uploading the other 3 modes (HBR and ex.tele for both.) All the shots include a moving vehicle...

• Actually they all look the same!

• There are no vissible differences for me in your sample patches.

• So is the shot unsuitable for judging any differences?

There was a post by a member where he wrote that sedna=sanity>cake>stock....was this post deleted?

• So ,no interest in uploading the rest set of files?