Personal View site logo
GF3 Stable Settings topic
  • 147 Replies sorted by
  • Anyone tried Cluster1 or Sedna set to around 32mpbs? I might give this a try later today.

• @KiethLommel .. so same level of control as GF2 .. I have 3 GF2 .. waiting for full manual control. If Vitaliy gives GF3 manual control and not the GF2 .. I'll upgrade

• I set my firmware up to GOP3 48MBPS AQ3 and have had no problems so far. I will do more tests to confirm before I upload my settings.

• @APXmusic sounds interesting. What avg size I-frames do you get? I will try that when you have finished your first settings. What card do u use?

• got a GF3 on the way that I snaged for $200, I have a GF2 with pvdogs gop6 config.. really happy with it.. that will probably go on the GF3 also.

• @Tomaso 32GB Transcend Class 10. So far I get Max GOP Size = 1,230,144 Bytes (9,841,152 bits) and I Frame Size (Min/Ave/Max) = 117,696 / 289,586 / 617,856

I tried to increase the bitrate to 64mbps but it wouldn't write to the card. Perhaps something a little higher than 48 would work.

• Well, just tried other bitrates to go along with my GOP3 AQ3 settings. 55mbps made the camera crash and say that it couldn't write to the card fast enough (Transcend 32GB Class10) 50mbps seems to be the sweet spot with my current settings. I Frame Size (Min/Ave/Max) = 124,032 / 168,155 / 672,768 The I-frames seem to peak in the beginning around the 600kb range and then go down to a low average. I will try GOP6 next to see if that helps.

• I looked at what others had done with the GF2 and made modifications to their settings. I stress tested it several times and have found these settings to be stable. The bitrate averages around 64mbps with GOP3 and AQ4. I will do some real world testing with this camera soon to see how it holds up. Let me know how this works for you.

A Transcend 32GB Class 10 card was used.

APXmusicsettings20120331.jpg
    380 x 302 - 27K
    seta.ini
  • Using driftwood Orion v4b with the gf3' looks great all around am using a pal gf3 to mix with my gh2 NTSC by using cine tools to conform from 25p to 23.98 so far am getting 75mbps outdoors and 55mbps indoor and the mix of both cameras is great.

• @blues can you do 1080 25p? AVCHD? I hope 30p can work in the future. Having 60i and a shutter speed of 1/120 really sucks in low light.

• APXmusic, any reason you're shooting 60i at 1/120?

• @Rambo The rule of thumb is that you should change your shutter speed to be 2x the frame rate. That's what I've always done.

• I thought it was 30p in a 60i wrapper.. could be wrong, but thought I read that somewhere.

• Well If I am doing it wrong, someone please correct me!

• According to Pani.. the sensor is reading 30p .. " (Sensor output is 30p [NTSC] / 25p [PAL])* "

It is in part 6 of this document. http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/popup/pressrelease/gf3.html

so shoot at 60 shutter.. that's double the sensors read... so you got it correct, but Pani tricked you with it's sudo 60i.

• As Ebacherville said. Use 1/120 if you are shooting it down for slowmo.

• OK Understand!

• @blues I've been testing out Orion on the GF3, getting some great footage, Orion creates 3.99Gb files of varying lengths, using 64/95 card. I have had some lockups on death charts on slow class 4 cards, but no problems with 64g/95 or 16g/30 cards, now testing real world to see what these great settings can stand upto.

Thanks VK & ND :)

Orion GF3 Death Chart a.png
    1920 x 1080 - 652K
  • @matthere You can use Create Snapshot Report in file menu on StreamParser 2.6. Faster way to get report to the net.

• I tried all the Sednas but none of them seem to play nice with the GF3.. Mysteron is a different story :) I started out by trying it at lower bitrates, seeing how it was stable I am now running it at default FSH/SH=98000000 FH/H=57000000, so far its good.

MysteronGF3.PNG
    744 x 392 - 55K
    MysteronGF3_2.png
    1299 x 680 - 421K
  • @Driftwood GF2 and GF3's user hope Cluster v2

• @adamquesada Where are you finding all these GF3 patches?

• APXmusic - The Driftwood CBR (Constant Bit Rate) settings seem to be working well on the GF3 check out the mysteron "settings" at the bottom of post 1 here: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2616/driftwood-quantum-x-settings-series-3-vy-canis-majoris-sedna-orion...-can-u-c-thru-the-myst/p1

• @adamquesada Do you find that lowering the bitrate would be detrimental to the image quality? I tried it at 64mbps and it seemed to look ok. Anything that's at least double the original bitrate and I frames only would be good for me. I am not too worried about maxing out the bitrates.

• @GF2/3 owners!

Since I don't own any of the GF line cameras, I'm recruiting testers who are interested in help me test 720p Timebuster settings: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/51292#Comment_51292

Thanks for your time.