Personal View site logo
GF2 Stable Settings
  • 614 Replies sorted by
  • @ PVDOG - How is your hack at resolving DETAIL in dark or shadowy areas? Is it really brilliant at this too? - I would love to use it, if so.

• @pvdog

what is difference between your sets ?

• Did anybody test the new ptool v3.65 with the gf2 already? Manual settings?

• @gameb

v3.65d

GF3: Initial release with features identical to GH2, except 24p support

Note! In GF3 GOP for 720p25 and 1080p25 must be the identical, same for 720p30 and 1080p30.

GF2: Added Recording limit patch

GH2: Added Recording limit patch

General: Few fixes

• @pdlumina thanks, but thats why I asked if anybody did already test it...

• @videohq

i like the quality of your GF2 shoots, please can you share ini file, i got today my GF2 and wanna test them ... Now have GF2 as B camera, main one is still GH2 :-)

• Also, i need information, as GF2 lacks film modes, are matrix settings changing any thing ?

• @feha This is videohq's ini file

setj.zip
    470B
  • @hi1130 thank you

• Quite interesting.

• @hi1130 I think I checked that already ( @pwdog settings ?), it card speed error on 720 p ... or does this work on 720p (I'm PAL user)

• Pvdog has already said in another thread his gf2 settings (posted above) are flawed in PAL. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2692/gf2-1080i50-not-smooth#Item_2

• Attached is my latest patch: the numbers in GOP tables are more proportional to the original. After some comparison to the 33mbps/AQ4 patch and stock, the significant differences are: my patch produces more contrast and saturated colors, more like and better than 100mbps MJPEG. The 33mbps/AQ4 patch is more like the stock: pale. Resolution is the same, all are about 800 lines. My patch also outputs constant bitrate at 44mbps.

setf.ini
  • @pvdog thank you very much. I'm testing it now ... What color mode to use or it does not matter ?

• @pvdog why not 48Mbps? :)

I like a simple multiplier. 16 * 3 = 48

• I use the default P mode, not any those color modes because they all look childish.

44mbps is the actual average bitrate, it varies from 41m to 45m (maybe 50m). This is the best I can get for absolutely stability and 4GB spanning, after playing numerous times with GOP tables. I just tested that 4GB spanning is fine with a class-4 card on 1080i50. For 1080i60 at least class-6 is required for 4GB spanning.

• OK, i got read error in camera play 720p ... I went for Cluster v.1 and it works ok on GF2, got over 40 mbit/s ... Will check in day light ...

• Although 720p and 1080i generate the same file size, about 5MB per second, the former is reported with a double bitrate (90mbps vs. 45mbps) by GH13 Stream Parser, I guess too high to play in the camera. 1080i plays fine in camera.

• Just applied pvdogs patch "setf", looks good.. even recorded on a 3-4 year old slow 1gb SD card just fine.. filled it up quick as heck, but worked great :) Details looked good, surprised me when I shot a old computer monitor and could see dust particles on the screen.. Have to wait for some daylight to test this outside. Have to add NTSC here , didn't test PAL

• I was testing PVDOG's on PAL yesterday and it almost froze my new camera. Was pretty worried. Don't know whether to try the new .INI or not. Is it fixed on PAL now?

• Thanks @pvdog. I'll check it out.

• Both NTSC and PAL work fine here, smooth and no failure yet.

• Thanks. Could be worth a try.

• @pvdog your settings gave almost 48Mbps on death chart stressing test. 672KB ave I-frame size. Good good!!

Not sure if it's just a coincidence. Yes it gave more contrast and saturation, too. Yes I like that way better. Finally I'm switching from the 32Mbps to this new settings. Kudos to @pvdog and everyone.