Photoshop CS6 Beta topic
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • System Requirements

The minimum system requirements for Photoshop CS6 beta are as follows:
    Mac
    Multicore Intel® processor with 64-bit support
    Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7
    1GB of RAM
    2GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation
    1024x768 (1280x800 recommended) resolution display with 16-bit color and 256MB (512MB recommended, required for Photoshop Extended) of VRAM
    OpenGL 2.0 capable system
    DVD-ROM drive

Windows
    Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
    Microsoft® Windows® XP* with Service Pack 3; or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
    1GB of RAM
    1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation
    1024x768 (1280x800 recommended) resolution display with 16-bit color and 256MB (512MB recommended, required for Photoshop Extended) of VRAM
    OpenGL 2.0 capable system
    DVD-ROM drive

• They opened public beta

• Could one use all features on the beta release and maybe save the files? Need the new sharpening function..

• so far i have checked, everything in it works

• Video editing is too slow to be of much use, as far as I can tell. Maybe it doesn't work well with prores.

• @Oedipax What graphics card do you have? All the new stuff in CS6 does really benefit from GPU support. But anyway I really think PS needs a UI cleanup, before they even pack more stuff into it. All the new tools and Filters are starting to get spread out through the whole interface and inconsistent in there integration :(

• @markus_b, it's an ATI 5870 at the moment. Not sure where PS CS6 stands as far as CUDA or OpenCL etc. I'll probably end up getting that new nVidia card with a ton of cores at some point.

• That card should support GPU acceleration. At least for the PS core stuff (filters etc.). Don't know 'bout the video part, Premiere 5.5 only supported Nvidia Cards.

• Ingests native .mts files, which is nice.

• Even ingests native R3D, whoohoo!