Personal View site logo
Alive - GH2 Driftwood Dark Matter V3 outdoors test
  • This is a short piece with two different color grades using the GH2 and the Driftwood Dark Matter Hack. Loving the detail and the gradability of the driftwood settings. Planning on shooting a short narrative in the same location.

THE LAST SHOT IS JUST A SHOT OF THE MOON with 300mm 2.8 and Tele extended. Detail is amazing... Lenses used:

Lumix/Leica 25mm 1.4 Tokina 11-16mm Canon 300mm L 2.8

Enjoy!

PS: download the 1080p version, still not as good as the raw footage but better than vimeo compression.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Well composed! Inspiring!

• @kihlian thanks! Im hoping the actual short narrative im shooting here has that feeling!

• I find the rhythm of the images very well chosen, is relaxing but not annoing, not easy to do. The colors are also beautiful, what direction you graded?

• @kihlian for the first half I only used Final Cut and the three way color corrector to manipulate the curve, and add saturation, for the second half I used Magic bullet looks, probably a variation of the bronze setting.

I usually use the COLOR App in FCP studio, but since this was just a test I stayed within final cut. The color APP is much higher quality and has a lot of refinements

I really enjoy color grading.