Personal View site logo
SANITY 4 and 5.1
  • 1139 Replies sorted by
  • couple of times write error on Transcend 64 gig type 10 card. HBR 25

• @matthere I tried the Sedna matrix (and others) with Sanity 4 and did not like it. The problem is you gain something in one area, but lose something in another area. I concluded that the stock matrix is an excellent balance.

• Really liking this patch, in a few basic tests I'm finding it holds up more detail than both Cake 2.0 and Flowmotion, and for those without the ultra fast cards its the best I've used so far, in all modes.

Cheers!

• The promist on the 20mm does look good to my eye too, would it be posible to add the Sedna C matrix to Sanity without compromising it's stability, Any thoughts?

• It's a Tiffen black promist 1/2.

It's a 58mm filter so I'm using it with a 46-58 step up ring.

It's actually a pretty close look to my 24mm f2.8 Canon FD. In fact, I should do a side by side to see how different they look. Wish I had more spare time!

• @tcarretti That black Promist is very effective. You've convinced me to get it! What grade is it?

• Working great for me on a Transcend class 10 16gb card. Here's an example with some grading:

Thanks Ralph!

• strange. My camera crashes on a simple death chart at ISO400 (Zeiss 2.0/50).

• @towi Hey, try anything. I have no idea why it's not working for you. During my tests I successfully recorded a 4GB clip in HBR PAL at iso 12800 in ETC mode with a Panasonic lens attached. That's a most severe test.

• @Ralph_B

what do these timer limit settings do? do you think I can just uncheck them?

• @towi I don't know what to say.

Is anybody else having problems with HBR in PAL?

• @Ralph_B

"unfortunately I get write speed errors on SanDisk 95MB/s (32GB) in HBR mode (PAL)"

-> "Try an ordinary class 10 card"

The same with SanDisk 30MB/s

• @Ebacherville - I assume spanning working by above posts insinuating it, and is EXT tele-conversion working?

Spanning works in the modes I listed in the first post. ETC works in all modes. However, ETC and spanning don't work together. The one exception is 720P. That does work with spanning and ETC at the same time.

• @islanders66 - How will Sanity hold up in post compared to other patches?

It's as good as anything I've seen on the GH2.

• Quick questions, I assume spanning working by above posts insinuating it, and is EXT tele-conversion working?

• @marie : Your hand, if close enough to the lens would probably work the same.

• Well sorry my problem is not specific to this patch. I was trying to record with a very high shutter speed in bright sunlight (to experiment with twixtor). The only way I found to avoid the crash is to start recording with front cap on.

• @marie. . I haven't any problems sh mode (720p) on a sandisk 45mbs. Are you in PALL?

Red may have been a bit to saturated, but I was shooting in Standard, 00000, when comparing different patches. Today I'll try to tone it down some and start testing grading and correction.

@Ralph_B, would smooth -2.. be best for correcting in post? How will Sanity hold up in post compared to other patches? Was this a priority?

It really looks good! thanks!

• It freezes in sh mode when i start recording with my class 10 sandisk cards (30mb/s and 45mb/s).

• Tried it out a little this afternoon and it looks great! 24H on 16 GB Transcend Class 10 card with no problems using the 20mm 1.7 lens. Will do more testing tomorrow, and hopefully post some footage as well.

Nice job! This looks like a keeper!

• @duartix Impressive settings, great IQ, great QP and excellent efficiency. Will they hold at high ISOs?

You bet! I did most of the development at high ISO's. Rendering clean noise is very important to me.

• @peaceonearth Which picture style / settings did you use for these samples?

The picture profile was Standard set at -2,-2,+2,-2. I find that when I lower contrast, I need to boost saturation to compensate. But, that's just my personal aesthetic. It has no bearing on the patch itself.

• @olegkalyan Could you describe your approach, what's was the premise on creating this patch apart of stability?

To get the best image quality in all modes and to keep bitrates, well... sane.

• @towi

Try an ordinary class 10 card.

• @Chaos123x Will this work with PNY Class 10 Cards? - it should.

How much footage can you record on 16GB card give or take in 24P H mode? - I assume you mean 24L mode; about 1 hour, 3 min.