Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 2: Sedna A, B, C
  • 1030 Replies sorted by
  • @jhero Is my cheap monitor or the last shot is exhibiting some banding in the face? -Love the lighting-

• @YOSS Hmm, I don't see it :) Never went below 400 iso

• @YOSS....It's your cheap monitor. :-)

• Man I wish that I would know how to take the dark matter bitrate settings and add them to the orion matrix! I live the Orion but dark matter gives me much better bitrates on 720p...

• @Adde look a the previous pages on this post, driftwood gives an explanation on how to mix matrixes with settings. And then post your settings ;-)

• @Adde Post on page 9. Btw i find 720 50p looks wery good on sedna AQ1 A..

• Here is one with Sedna C AQ1. It was shot at ISO 320 with Standard -2, -2, -2, -2. It was heavily color corrected - or should I saw "uncorrected" to give the look of faded Extachrome. This one worked out okay, but for other color maps there were a lot of artifacts revealed around fine detail like blades of grass that I did not see using Orion 4b.

• Quick test of Sedna A (Q20) using most of the film modes. Shot in lecture hall with minimal light. No post correction.

Smooth (in EX Tele) - bit rate 116... Smooth - bit rate 106... Cinema - bit rate 106... Standard - bit rate 104... Nostalgic - bit rate 115... Black and White - bit rate 109... Dynamic B&W - bit rate 97... Smooth B&W - bit rate 75...

Spanning worked on both EX and non-EX Tele mode.

All settings at -2 -2 0 -2 -2 Frame rate = 60 ISO = 1,000 WB = 3200K 1080 24p Voigtlander 25mm f/.095 lens SanDisk 64GB 95mbps Extreme Pro

• Here's a test-video with Quantum X (v4d Orion) Will try Sedna coming week. settings cinema -1-2+1-2 Lens 25mm 1.4 & Sigma 8-16

• @conscius hai how did you merge gopzilla with aq1?? will u share this patch looks so good even at iso 6400,...

• @frerichs Wow Great test, Standard Wins hand Down

• Sedna A Aq1 is the best of all in sharpness and details. it also dows low noise in higher iso upto 2500 iso it looks as near to iso 1600 now..... thanks to driftwood sir and vitality for this master patch,..works great for me 95m/s sandisk ois on 14-140 mm kit,.... ;)

• @rajamalik, remember, when you have you high quality sharp export, you will see the noise a bit heavyer then when you upload it to vimeo. Because of the compression the sharpness is less, so the noise is less

• hai anybody tried orion v4b mixed with aq1???? driftwood suggested me this yesterday but i am not well in mixing and creating new patches,... AQ1 sedna A is sharper but if aq1 setting gets a hybrid with avc intra orion v4b it will give the official intra matrix of orion v4b a new level of detail and sharpness, its sure but left this suggestion and idea to me, i am a novice.. :P

• @conscius thank you very much

• Finally started working with sedna A Aq1 for all my upcoming work,..its super sharp in mids and closer shots too,..good 3d like details in hd,..amazing,... but will sure try gopzillz with aq1 and orion v4b with aq1,..soon,...waiting for some good news from the masters

• Orion v4b with audio hack by @thepalalias. very sensitive audio hack. it changes inbuilt mic into real stereo filed recorder mic. test all modes from 1 to level 4 mic sensitivity. cool one!!!

setg.zip
  • Quick question(s),

1- What Bitrate does Sedena recard at?

2- Where can it be downloaded from? it doesnt appear to be at the first page.

3- Is Sedena 'A' technically superior to all previous Matrix's???

• @GH2_fan

1.154mbit as same as orion and quantums,.... 2.it is in the first page see driftwoods post u can fine aq1 cbr and q20 vbr sedna patch sets 3. yes Sedna A AQ1 is superior in details and quality, than any other patches before, it is said as near the limits of gh2. 4. this is sure not the final one still many reported bugs out there from page 18 to 20 read people experience and test reports. 5. cant just go with it, because i love orion v4b. everyone has one my friend loves quantum v9b so much, cant help it. he he,.. ;)

• Wow, thanks for the speedy reply, and that is quite a high bitrate I must say. Wouldnt it be possible to (since you saying Sedena A AQ1 is superior) just have the bitrate at 100M for high bitrate modes and 50M for the low bitrate modes??? All of them still Intra-frame of course, only suggesting the bitrate to change. In theory, this could solve the problem of recordings just stopping without reason to anyone who is experiencing this.

I looked in the first page, I see the Sedena section, but there is no link for it, plus I have never ever done anything to my GH2 before, I still dont know the proceedure.

• @GH2_fan go to beginners thread,...u will get answers for everything,..but Dont try any patches before judging your sdhc card write speed,... if u have a sdhc above 30m/s try some higher bitrate paches say aboce 88mbit. if you dont have such keep your self in 70mbit or below range to run things smoother.

• @RajaMalik

We must not forget that it was the Japanese that give us joy and we must also thank them. ;-)

• Cluster v1 with Sedna A Q20, the image take with this config 24H, Smooth 4 x -2, 14-42mm f3.5 @ 3.5, ISO 1600, with trascender 16gb class 10.

I could not do a good test, I have no time before Wednesday,

seta.ini
    Untitled.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • @rajamalik Well I have a couple of Sandisk 8GB Class 6 cards and one 7DayShop 32GB Class 10 card :D

Would those work jolly fine? :)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions