Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 2: Sedna A, B, C
  • 1030 Replies sorted by
  • @uzland I saw your post and assumed you were directing this to @thepalalias. Uz, I don't think many of us are experiencing what you are getting. Try a complete reinstall of the correct ptools, firmware and settings and let us know.

• @Driftwood I'll take that as a cue, then. :)

@uzland Half a second? The longest I've encountered so far is 3 or 4 frames before it starts (roughly a sixth of a second) and that has never been a problem for me (far less than when I used tape based cams).

When did you start having the issue? What patches have you had it with?

• @Uzland That 3 to 4 frames I encountered also showed up in an "unlocked factory defaults" recording I made. It is not specific to the new patches.

• FOR 25P users! Here a confrontation on 25P between Sedna A Q20 and Gop3zilla, modified from towi on march 10. Sedna A produces the highest bitrate 92565 Kbt/s but not the best image, Gop3zilla is sharper (44830 Kbt/s), but the winner seems to be gop3zilla with Sedna A matrix (61808 Kbt/s) has less noise when playback video. In attach the Gop3zilla with Sedna matrix settings.

Gop3zillaTowi.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    SednaAQ20.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Gop3Sedna.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    setd.ini
  • @uzland i have it sometime.
    But only if i record something in loud surroundings.
    Then the AGC build the sound up from zero ....

• @Kihlian Thanks for the test. Which film mode have you shot with?

• @Rafa I shot it all in STANDARD 0 -2 0 -1 (forgot to set all at -2 or 0) at ISO160 with a FD 50 at f5.6

• sedna q20 B hbr =)

• Please, someone tell me if i can use mi SanDisk Extreme 16 GB @ 30mb/s Class 10 for Sedna?

• Kihlian how to download your patch? thanks.

• Extreme Pro - 95 mb's 32 GO - Sandisk

Is good..

• Try to upload it again don´t now why it open it instead to save it.. Ok, my mistake, has to upload it as Zip file the second can be downloaded..

setd.ini
    setd.zip
    992B
  • @Kihilan Gop3zillawith Sedna looks much better than original Sedna_A in my quick test. Less noise and cleaner. Filmic grain-wise let´s say pure Sedna is the release print while GOP3zilla with Sedna is the negative. Great work! But I could suddnly not access the ISO-button directly after flashing, got selection of autofocus area instead. My fault or some bug in your set? Used the first, unzipped one...

• Yes , use the 16. 30. Have had zero problems. Just remember bit rates. Will eat the space quickly.

• @frame have check it now, on my camera all works like before, please try the second zipped file.

For all those interested on 25p I suggest to take also a look at this topic:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2318/official-low-gop-topic-series-5#Item_270

particularly @towi and @bkmcwd comments.

P.S. @VK @Driftwood @towi @bkmcwd and all others contributors many thanks for your efforts!

• @Kihlian

Thanks, the second one works for me great ...

• @Kihlian, thanks, will test when the batteries are loaded. Frankly, I did load the original firmware after a long time of testing patches and was flabbergasted how well it looked against Sedna. On my setup, MacbookPro 17" 2011, with NEC Multisync EA 232 or a Pasonic Plasma TV, the noise is just a drawback. Too much mosquito noise around bricks as one example. If there is better latitude in the blacks, it is covered with noise. Could be a Quicktime problem I do not know. I was already giving in using the original firmware without restrictions and with audio hacks, when your hack was published. Hope, this is a road you will take further...

• @Frame Thank you very much, but I only put two settings together I have to thanks @driftwood @towi @bkmcwd and @VK. The problem is that on 25p is less interest than for 24p and is not so fine tuned. I hope that more people will report their experiences shooting 25p, and this will be developed more. The most settings concentrate on 24p and are not optimized for 25p, but how we can see there 'a lot of potential on this mode too.

• @Frame

Me too after all tests i went to original firmware and just used time limit removal ... I like all quality provided by these settings but have to count against SD card space and reliability ... I liked the Cluster V1, might use this one as alternative and stable. If i had two GH2 than one would have Sedna B all the time :-)

• i've downloaded Sedna AQ1, i use a class 10 hd video: 45mb/S. And on highest quality not a problem!! Sedna A is very clean, very nice. It is the first hack i ever tried. So i don't have any reference. But i like it!

• More examples of Sedna 'C' (AQ1). Voigtlander 25mm F0.95 @ 1/50th. Standard (-2 x4).

Note especially areas of underexposed soft focus, as this is where the demon of posterization can often be found. I am extremely pleased at how well these areas are handled now.

Also note the Irish beer: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

harp01.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    harp02.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @Kihilian @Frame @feha great to read your testing of Gop3zilla with Sedna in hbr/25p. I'm kind of lost in all the various settings and "shortcomings" of different versions. So this is good news! The more "gentle" bitrate of 60000 Kbit/s also sounds like a better max bitrate sweetspot for me (for my storage needs and style of shooting).

I hope to test soon. Keep up the good work, and thanks to everyone involved for their efforts.

• little (really little) test by me

. Sedna AQ1

• @evero

I'm for now sticking with Cluster V1 @driftwood settings, best value SD card space = quality ...

• Today was my first "real" day of shooting with Sedna A. I had to capture some images for some kind of advertising film. Sedna A tastes so good to my eyes! Unfortunately it´s not reliable enough for me, as I had to put up with 3 freezes (including battery pull) during the shooting. SD card: 64GB 95mb/s. I´m not sure anymore, whether the freezes happened in normal HBR mode, or in HBR + Ext. Tele mode. The "frozen" files aren´t functioning, so I can´t check it.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions