Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 2: Sedna A, B, C
  • 1030 Replies sorted by
  • I am using Transcend class 10, sedna A , B crash on 720P, but work fine all 24P, HBR

• Currently uploading to my FTP. You'll all have access to the 10 second MTS files used for each patch. We'll see how the server handles it.

Login: personalview Password: Driftwood1

URL forthcoming.

• First 2.3GB uploaded so far.

• LET ME SEE SOME FOOTAGE PLEASEEEEE! I am away from the house for a few days and I cannot test myself, so please put some footage up! I am still drooling over the screen shots of "SEDNA." Hahaha footage please!

• @leejb4 See my link above. :)

• @thepalalias Thank you sir! taking a look now :)

• Uploading 6 additional files. Check back later to see if more have been added.

Orion4B, Dark Matter 1, 2, 3, Cluster, Sedna A, B, C (both AQ1 and Q20) and the Factory version 1.11 default codec have all been tested.

• Oh sorry, it's "Sedna", didn't mean to confuse everyone..

• wow thanks drift & thepalias downloading both!

• @thepalalias. Since you have done this a few times and have a better sense of the differences, what is your initial impression of the various settings you just loaded?

• LOL! I'm the one who derailed the name!
    My bad ..... next round is on me!

• here's some Sedna-A footage from my trip to 7/11

• Thanks

@ Driftwood

• It is late at night. I downloaded thepalalias test shots for Orion 4B and all Sedna settings & bypassed Dark Matters. The differences were not obvious for me visually. However, I did check the bit rates. Orion 4B and Sedna AQ1 A settings had the highest bit rates at 139mb. AQ1 B & C had a 5mb drop in bit rate. Sedna Q20 A, B and C seemed more of a variable bit rate at 105mb for Smooth sharpness -2 and 115mb at sharpness +2.

• Wow, what is the difference on Sedna Q20 from other Sedna ?

• Sedna AQ1 is more of a CBR (constant bit rate) while Q20 is more of a VBR (variable bit rate) which the bit rate changes based on the level of detail in the scene.

• @Zaven13 Thank you, i will test now , something like "Cluster v1" ...

• A little test using the Driftwood Quantum X (v4d Orion) 'Dark Matter' Matrix Pack + HBR FIX - CBR 'Settings' hack. Used VIBRANT color profile at -1 -1 0 -1. Lens is Voightlander 0.95/25mm. DIY dolly used on many of the shots. Three last shots on a "macro" distans of just centimeters from object and had to stabilize these shots hence the "heatwave". Don't think Vimeo does this test justice so please download the file and put it up on a projector if possible. Enjoy.

• @elkanah77 very very nice. Can you explain a bit more about the HBR fix. I assume this is done in post? can you tell me more about your workflow or reference me to where I can find this information?

• @liquidify Look on page 1 in this thread to see Driftwoods own remarks. I'm not into all the technical myself. I just try out the different patches to see what they do. As for my workflow I Record, dump footage in a folder. Pull up Premiere Pro and pick a AVC-intra template, set parameters according to framerate and resolution and edit away. Grade, adjust or stabilize where necessary and export through Media Encoder to appropriate format.

• @driftwood Hi!

btw, what do you mean by this? "TECH INFO: Who needs 150M to pull off good looking pictures? You don't. Good to Hi quality Type 10 sdcards only."

Does it mean that, bitrate is now lower but quality better?

Is this new Sedna "the flagship" version now? Ive been using Orion v4b lately.

Could you explain in plain, please? :)

Respect! 8) -Petri

• @driftwood Dear Driftwood (Senda?? Sedan?? Just kidding!! ), Sedna AQ1 full detail is incredible, the way it handles low mid and high is totally awesome, it's super clever to put more resolution on highlights, that's the most beautiful images direct from the GH2 i have ever seen, Thank you so very much, sincerely Alex.

• @driftwood OMFG!! I tested SEDNA C on Standard -2-1-2-2 on the whole ISO Range and OMG! :O the noise! its soooooooo fine! :O I feel that I can use footage up in the 4000 range! :o just a little bit of grading would fix it and OMG :O cant wait to make a full video with this setting. MIND BLOWN!!! Thanks a billion!!! we should make a documentary on vitaly, you and the other contributers on this site!!!

• @driftwood how much of deblocking is in the sedna matrix now ... PS: great work man ....

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions