Personal View site logo
Mac Video Analyzer - GH2 File Formats?
  • Is there any recommend Mac video analyzer for Mac's users? I have been searching for it, but I haven't found anything as close as the ones I have seen for PC. Thanks in advance.

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • We use StreamParser here. You can use any solution to run Windows on you Mac. Many such solutions exist.

• Windows programs on a Mac are a horrible user experience. Of course we could use Wine or a VM but that's not really convenient. I'm also interested in a native solution.

• You've clearly never used Parallels then.

• I've used it but that doesn't magically change the interface to a Mac one. You can just use the programs inside OS X.

• I've used it but that doesn't magically change the interface to a Mac one.

LOL :-)

• @Pechente

Just LOL.. :-) this made my day..

• Vitaliy_Kiselev, Pechente and itimjim, Thank you for your prompt response. I have StreamParser for Windows. It is running fine on a PC. I tried to installed it on Mac under Wine and CrossOver Game. The installations didn't work. They asked for some previous files structure that because of my ignorance on PC, I didn't know how to do it properly. Also, I want to avoid files transfer between both platforms and to carrier a PC on set just to use Ptool and Streamparser. If there is no native Mac solution, then, I'm going to opt for Parallel desktop.

• Virtualbox is a free virtual machine software for mac, pc and linux. Ptools runs fine under a virtual Windows system powered by VirtualBox.

• StreamParser won't run under Wine or CrossOver. I believe it expects a Microsoft development library that doesn't exist in Wine. This topic has been well discussed here on other threads. I haven't found a comparable application to workaround the problem. The only solution seems to be to run an authentic Windows in Parallels or some other form of virtualization.

• alivewire and bdegazio, thanks for your response. I'm waiting from Parallels Desktop to arrive from Amazon. It seems to be the straight solution for Mac's users.