Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 1: v3b Rocket - v4b Orion - v5 β Pictoris
  • 1019 Replies sorted by
  • @Hallvalla that looks awesome. 5DtoRGB w/ ColorGHear? Which camera settings did you use?

• Now that's what I call a proper filmic pan. It looks bloody good @Kount_Michula, well done. @Hallvalla Very nice as usual mate, I love those shots, wonderful shapes set against cool looking skies and two tonic imagery - splendid, where is that place?

• @driftwood @VK Great F...ing job with the new PTools & the Quantum X v.2 Patch. Real talk this patch is the most filmic patch I have seen for both motion and texture rendering... the images are milky & have that silky texture around the edges which takes out the video'ish look. Man I'm soo excited about this project & the GH2 keep up the great work guy's will donate soon, well deserved.

• Here's a little artistic piece I threw together in some spare time this week, using Quantum X v1. Thanks for enhancing a wonderful tool with these settings!

• Good news. I have tried to reproduce the footage-playback-choking from the other day - so far, everything was playing back smoothly - "cinematic" slow pans as well as more aggressive, "edgier" POV swish pans. I'll do another test tomorrow when I have some daylight.

• @ Driftwood sir the quantum X v4 orion will do 176 mbit in CBR? i have a problem in quantum x v2. i am uploading it. after post video shows a diffirent plastic like patches here and there,. i didnt do anything much in post other than saturation.vegas 11 i rendered it in 720P 23.9fps..still cant resolve it.

• @Driftwood sir the quantum X v4 orion will do 176 mbit in CBR? i have a problem in quantum x v2. i am uploading it. after post video shows a diffirent plastic like patches here and there,. i didnt do anything much in post other than saturation.vegas 11 i rendered it in 720P 23.9fps..still cant resolve it.

• @troyjason, if you read, you would see my card handles much higher data rates than what Quantum X can deliver @ max. It wasn't card limited.

• to everyone. Lpowel opened up the gh2 the other day when he explained how to get perfect black levels from it. Start the black lvels at 15 instead of 1. should be on a line from 1 to 255 I'm not sure what it is called in other NLE's but in premiere go to fast color corrector. Changes everything, makes everything smooth

• @driftwood Driftwood Quantum X 'SpanMyBitchUp' v2 - Released 24/02/2012>>

I´ve got immediately write speed errors at HBR 30p and 60i (SanDisk Extreme 30MB). 720p60 + 24p worked fine...

• Driftwood Quantum X 'SpanMyBitchUp' v2 - Whoops, I uploaded the wrong version on the frame limits. Corrected now Try 2b.

• Test from X2 - vimeo.com/37419635

custom WB with shift, and exposure to attempt to get it looking as you see it in person.

Uploaded original MTS.

• Quantum X 'SpanMyBitchUp' v2 crashed sadly enough when there is a lot off movement.
    In HBR and 720 mode, didn't matter witch iso or shutter speed...
    24p works without problems
    Its a sunny and cloudy day today.
    I have changed Quantizer from 16 to 20.
    Now 720 mode don't crashes,
    but if i film exactly the same with HBR the gh2 gets a speed error from the card.

Now the strange thing.
    I have tryid i think all posible settings on the gh2
    The write error in HBR mode happens with all, EXEPT, Aperture mode.
    No matter what i did, there dident was one error.
    So to check, i did it all ones again in HBR mode.
    deferents iso an shutter settings
    And every time the gh2 gets a write error, except in Aperture mode...

When set shutter to 1/100 and auto iso, the cam/lcd freeze no error message just a freeze on the moment i stop recording, buffer over run?
    This happens in all what i tested, sometimes after 10 seconds off filming, and sometimes after 30 seconds, it happed in 720 and HBR, all in highest quality setting....

Will test it more today on the cross track, lot off collors, contrast, and movement....

Ps, i dint have it say before, but thanks for all the work you put in it.
    its a real time consuming thing to work out the best settings, same go's for Vitaliy
    And offcourse every one else who spends time with this..

• @nic2011 I'm having same problems with the same card Edit: going to try v2

• Guys: 'SpanMyBitchUp' v2 is now 2b - can you guys give it a whirl. Thanks.

• Thanks for the updates, and for Rocket v3 :)

• Just downloaded Driftwood Quantum X 'SpanMyBitchUp' v2b
    Hbr works Oké now.
    720p still the same (SH)
    I will change Quantizer from 16 to 20. and go shoot some action.
    DAMN it would be nice if we can change that in the camera...
    just letting the bin file on the card, change things and restart the gh2 ;-)

• Just did a a quick test in 720p H-mode and all went fine.
    Quantizer still on 16....
    And now i am gone, and lets hope it all go's good today :-)

• @driftwood Strange I still get only around 18 mbits in Quantum x v2 rocket HBR. The only GOP1 setting that have given me more in Firmware version 1.1 is Quantum 100 v3b. LPowell FlowMotion 100 v1.11 HBR mode also only give me around 20 mbits.

• @Tomaso what sort of detail are you filming?

• @driftwood i am filming my street panning medium speed for 13-14 sec. I will uppload mts to Vimeo and update this post when done.

• @Tomaso Ah, panning... Try v3 Rocket... but 'Orion' is for you... released later.

• @driftwood Hey, Nick! Surely you meant to rename the thread to “ROCKET v3 LAUNCHED TODAY,” eh?

• @LPowell Thanks I will try ROCKET v3 and then Orion when its released.

• @Mr_Moore good point. Done ;-)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions