Personal View site logo
GF2 Stable Settings
  • 614 Replies sorted by
  • @stonebat Have you tried this yet? Seems to work fine on GF2 a few gf2 users report. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2364/driftwood-quantum-x-v2-rocket/p1

• Highly recommend Sandisk Extreme 16GB Class10 30MB/s from reputable sellers.

• @iLovPieNCake Have we different hardware parts in GF2? I do not think. May be hidden revision of panasonic hardware? I think something with your flashcard. i have 32GB trancend 10 class.

• Alexufo, I had a couple errors when trying your last stable config. I got write errors, I tried 720p that worked without an error then tried FSH again and that worked just fine.

Stonebat, with your latest settings, ~1 min 40 sec in I got a delay write error. I jumped back to 720p, recorded for 3 min without an error. Jumped back to FSH and recorded for 3 min without an error.

My testing method - I downloaded all 4 screens and I run them as a slideshow in picasa that switches between them every 5 second. I always reset the settings after every flash. My monitor is a dell 24". My SD card is PNY profesional 16gb, 20mb/sec class ten.

1080i using AlexUFO.PNG
    1310 x 698 - 192K
    720P using AlexUFO.PNG
    1316 x 703 - 255K
    StoneBat v2 1080i fail.PNG
    1327 x 698 - 159K
    StoneBat v2 720p.PNG
    1321 x 691 - 156K
    StoneBat v2 1080i.PNG
    1311 x 694 - 157K
  • @stonebat Test it tonight. But why testing i think it is stable

• I have no problem with the file loading feature. Actually... I kinda like it.

Anyways Vitaliy was right about the buffer and other settings. I removed all buffer settings, and it seems working just fine.

I recall there was a cadence bug from the official firmware 1.0, and @cbrandin and many others tried hard to remove the cadence issue. It seems the firmware 1.1 fixed the issue. The codec seems behaving well on both static and moving scenes with very simple settings.

So here goes simplified setting file with 32Mbps AQ4 GOP-15.

setb.ini
    413B
  • Please use. This is stable 60i.46M(FSH)

setj.ini
    450B
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Ptool has usability issues. I didnt know why you did 10 letters. For quick change settings? Why i need it?) Its really problem WRLEO and stonebat i think agree with me. I recommended just "open->load (or save)" thats all!

• trying that now guys thanks..

• @stonebat

Just leave mouse over round button and read the tip.
    For empty settings slots importing is just default behaviour.

• I didn't know about that.

• Just copy his patch file to where ptool is

I really suggest to stop offering such approach.
    PTool has easy function to import settings file either directly from downloaded zip or ini file, and it'll place all in proper place :-)

• Just copy his patch file to where ptool is. Launch ptool. Press B button. Done.

• I'm trying to use ALEXufo's settings, got everything except for the nitrate..

• Where is the bitrate adjustment on the Ptool?

• I heard @driftwood is working on Wiki page.

• just wondering is people can load up their Bin files to let us test out.. some of us don't understand all this talk.. thanks.. =)

• It’s looking more and more like @cbrandin’s 44Mbps patch. If FB2, Frame Limit, Top/Bottom settings get doubled, it would look just like his patch except 24p related settings.

If any of you run into a crash from the latest 32Mbps patch, try to double FB2, Frame Limit, or Top/Bottom setting, or any combination of them. Yeap it would sound like a crapshoot :)

• I am stupid! now 1:00 am and i very want to sleep) I can't Delete-replace any files from my post upper - get this. 22 min recording < 4GB - good flying)

last stable GF2 (IMHO)

setb.ini
    427B
  • The graph looks better.

But 720p50 FB1 has 4x default value? Can you update to 2x value?

I'm posting from my iphone :)

• done

single1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    single2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    single3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    single4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    single5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    single6.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Untitled-1.jpg
    1243 x 683 - 507K
    setb.ini
    428B
  • Doubling buffer value was from @cbrandin's 44Mbps patch. I recall that it made the patch stable.

• Vitaliy, you asked me why FB2 is set, not FB1.

• @alexufo

That's 1080i60. Check the 1080i50, too. Double the default value.

• The patch has 1080i60 FB1 doubled.

I asked for any reason to do it. As I don't know any.