Personal View site logo
Timelapse questions from a newbie
  • As a newbie to GH2 and a big fan of timelapse, I need to get past all the jargon and math to a simple blow by blow setup. Has someone compiled something like this, as my head is spinning reading all the posts about it? Is there some well written, easy to follow, succinct document? I have just updated the GH2 firmware and installed the hack with EOHSD's minimum recommendations. Can you tell me,

1. What it is that I need to tick in the selection boxes of the latest hack to get the mjpeg activated. (I could not find this as shown in the GH1 version.)
    2. How to download and install Timelapser.
    3. Exactly how to set up optimal settings in the GH2 to utilise Timelapser.

Thanks in advance for your attention and excuse my ignorance of this subject!

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Load the settings below. I´m playng around with the timelapse settings too. I could not uderstand the logic behind the table and quality settings. I would like to have a 50 Mbps with more than 1920x1080 resolution ans 2fps. Is it possible?

seta.ini
  • If you have a GH2 you should work with AVCHD and not MJPEG. You achieve better quality and much longer recording time.... The GH1 had only possibility for 2fps in MJPEG mode but the GH2 has it with AVCHD.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1559/avchd-1080p-time-lapse/p1

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2135/gh2-2fps-avchd-timebuster-settings-the-day-is-not-over/p1

• excellent Tida, thanks, should keep me busy digesting all this for a while! Will look into your suggestion Kihlian, thanks.

• PS @ Kihlian, I notice that the settings you have are for version 1.0. I have just updated to version 1.1, so should I apply the same settings? Some people are posting that the bitrate did not change for them in 1.1 but when they reinstalled 1.0, they worked again. After my 1.1 and 3.64 update, instead of going to 44mbit, I went down to 18mbit. As a virtual software illiterate, I am not sure if that was down to shooting with the wrong settings in the camera or whether it was a firmware glitch.

• @wildlark I´m experiencing too, the 3.64 settings will came more and more this days and in short time we will find it in the FAQS too, so that will make all easier.

• Umm, no one shoots stills anymore?