Personal View site logo
Anyone like Table Tennis?
  • Anyone like Table Tennis? This was unhacked footage because I needed the improved Auto Focus of version 1.1. Hacked bit rates would have helped the ETC shots. Notice the CA with the 25mm F1.4 lens in ETC mode. I guess the 25mm is not the superman of lenses I thought it was. Most of the shots are with the 45mm F1.8. That lens is worth its weight in gold.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • You meant Leica DG 25mm 1.4? That one has CA and soft at 1.4. You'd need 43 Leica version to get better result, but it lacks AFC. I think m43 25mm 1.4 is a good lens for portrait.

Yes 45mm 1.8 is a jewel. Freaking sharp.

• I used to play table-tennis for many years when I was a child (am 20 now), and I was quite good, won a few medals and stuff. Got to be in the top 10 in Athens in my age group. But then I chose basketball over table tennis, so haven't touched a racket in many years. The memories this brings... haha. cheers.

• @stonebat

Yes m4/3s DG 25mm. I was a little disappointed in the CA with this lens in ETC mode. However, it does so many other things right I can forgive it. Its AFC is spectacular. On par with the 14-140mm. That is great for such a wide aperture lens.

The 45mm is not quite perfect for AFC. However, it is perfect for everything else.

I really need IS for videos though. My dream lens is a 12-25mm F2.0 Zoom lens with IS. I don't care how big it is, how much it weighs, or how much it costs. I want that lens for video. I want the 35-100mm lens for stills.

• @stefanos

Sounds like you are pretty good at both. Got any videos?

My son will compete at his first Nationals Climbing competition in two weeks. I should get some very interesting footage at that competition. I should be able to use the 14-140mm there. They light up the wall really well there.

• If I were to start playing again, I would want some lessons from Ma Long. I think he is the best I have ever seen.

• @mpgxsvcd

Are you sure DG 25mm is on par with 14-140 on AFC? You meant when you stop it down to 4.0 or slower?

• @stonebat

Yea I am sure. I have shot everything in AFC wide open with the m4/3s 25mm F1.4 since the v1.1 firmware came out. AFC is fairly good now. Here are some examples.