Personal View site logo
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • Why should we not organize a party for and with Vitaly, Driftwood, Brandin etc, a meeting somewhere in a nice place, (I am in Costa Rica right now, thats not too bad), that would be a lot of fun... everybody brings his personal gh2 gear... with some strange lens... may be the party should be in Sibiria... in honour of Vitaly - cheers

• @gameb if in europe i'd be there ^^

• radio silence. Silence before the storm?

• Please note that PTool will be first released as closed alpha for core team. After this as beta for active testers. And only after this it'll be made public.

• Thanks for the update.

Has the alpha been released to the core team at least? =)

• @jakiman

Alpha release is planned for tomorrow.

• really excited to hear reports back form the alpha testers.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I would like to become alpha tester. It's possible?

• Man, I was really excited for public. Guess back to shakes for me.

• great news that its all happening, any idea of time frame before it becomes public, i.e. goes though these two series of testing ? is it months, weeks, or days away? just keen to use it for an upcoming project. cheers.

• Just wanted to share this clip. I'm using Quantum v9b BETA 154 mbps 1080p 24fps.

• PTool will be available to core team within hours.

Other important thing is that from now on usage of word "patches" to describe PTool settings will be prohibited. They'll referred as "settings" only.

• "Other important thing is that from now all usage of word "patches" to describe PTool settings will be prohibited. They'll referred as "settings" only."

YES. PLEASE. I was always annoyed by that. First it is confusing, and second, it is an insult to PTool as it claims there's something wrong with it. A good setting can be a blessing, but its neither a patch nor a hack.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev : Time to change the tittle of "Hacks and Patches" thread category?

• I've got a Japanese GH2 and thanks to ptool, I was able to hack the 1.0 firmware and enable English. After that, I installed official 1.1 over the top (hoping it'll keep the language at least) but it became Japanese only again with no language setting.

Vitaliy, is there any way to at least share "language-only" hacked 1.1 FW file created using your alpha version of ptool? (pretty please?)

• @jakiman The process was relatively quick for the last release. It's best just to wait a few days for the full ptool release.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Public release still at the end of the week? I wouldn't mind being a beta tester.

• Ahh. I thought it was going to be more like few weeks / month. Well, if it's only about a week or so from alpha to public, I'm happy to wait. =)

• I just donated another $15 to the research project. I would like to ask all people who use this hack and haven't donated to do so. Don't be a freeloader. Research takes time and $5,10,15 are small donations for all the benefits you get. This way, you keep the hacking community alive and kicking. I am really proud of everything the @Vitaliy_Kiselev has achieved (with the help of the core team). Can't wait for the new release.

• Btw, forgot to say. PTool is released for core team some time ago.

• If alpha version is released, when it will be available beta version for us?

• It's starting to get close now. I will donate again today, at least $30. I will probably also get a GF2 or GF3 as a second camera, and probably GH3 after it has come out and been hacked;-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev ETA for beta and public release (if no problems occur)?