Personal View site logo
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • Is it possible to hack the shutter speeds below 1/25th for Panasonic lenses? Curiously, these Shutter speeds (down to 1/2 second) are only available when using a lens without electrical contacts.

You can already get them by changing to manual focus. I think the reason is that AF speed is directly related to fps - the slow shutter speeds reduce fps and AF becomes far too slow to be useful. So instead of having users complaining about that, Panny just disallows it.

• Thank you Vitaliy, just Donate for the Perfekt Job. René

• I'm sharing with you our last Jazzy shot on GH1&2 :

• Started my new (ongoing) project which will be updated every week with new footage. I am using Driftwoods quantumv9b beta Had no problems at all with the Sandisk 8Gb 45MB/s (although they don't span)

• testing Driftwoods patches.

• New PTool will certainly come before 15 February.

Alpha version will be available first to core team, after this beta for active testers, and final version after it.

• Is it a real improvement? Will it give something radically better?

• @bricolo

It has some improvements and new patches. But it won't be radical. Most of the work had been to add some new features, and support for new firmware and GF2. As well as some preparation for fast GF3 porting.

• Radical for 25p... Can't wait V!

• Can't wait to see it!! thanks for the great team effort~

• Small preview

Shows that new PTool going deeper at AVCHD encoder tweaking, allowing you to change almost all settings.

ptool.jpg
    382 x 630 - 95K
  • Very Nice VK. Thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to testing it out.

• Scaling tables. very interesting

• @plasmasmp

This is related to quantizer. New version also have ability to adjust many other tables.

• Can't wait! Couldn't help myself but donate again :)

• @Vitaliy Could you confirm if new PTool is in "alpha phase"? If so, when it will becoming beta release and final release? Thanks

• VK for President! Woohoo!

• CAN'T WAIT I'M SO EXCITED I NEEDED TO USE CAPS LOCK! =p

• Droool... Droool.... awaiting MONSTER patches after this.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev do you know if 25p (HBR) shares settings with other modes?

• Great work to the VK team. I will be donating again as soon as the new Ptools comes out!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, Looks Amazing. Just dropped in $10, because I had forgotten to donate previously. Thank you for your efforts :)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thanks for everything you do. Can't wait to try out 720p with B-frames!

• External Encoder Settings… Mind if I smoke? It looks like Sir Vitaliy Kiselev, Lord of Hack, The Real Santa, will be opening our playground widely. Congrats for that, you're the man!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev do wee will haw option NTSC version switch to FHD 25P.?