Personal View site logo
PTool 3.60d topic
  • 259 Replies sorted by
  • For 'Encoder Setting 4 1080p', the tip says its for 50i/60i. Is this meant to say 24p? (the 'Encoder Setting 2 1080i' starts just below this)
    The constant on ES4 is 8.
  • Are you going to get the hdmi cadence problem fixed so people can use external prores recorders like the ninja?

Anyway to add features from the Af100 firmware or is that totally different?
  • great progress so far :)

any chance we might see AF tracking (G3) from the prerelease again in the future?
  • >Probably it's a card problem!!

First, your need class 10 card, of course.
    Next, it is not card problem. You can also try larger Video Buffer and Larger Overall Bitrate (in testers section).
    But on any detailed scene it won't work.
  • This is exciting. Am I allowed to admit though, that I'm a bit scared to even try this whole thing? Anyway will watch with interest and take the plunge soon!! Feel free to make chicken noises...
  • Trying out the 30min removal new, the patch applied to the camera successfully ... video is recording, I'll get back in at least 30 mins.
  • Probably it's a card problem!!
  • I've tried with just the 1080 progressive:

Same error apears!
    IMG_1749.JPG
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
  • >So can i do it again with just 1080 progressive alone?

Yes of course, but as I said, use very low detailed scenes and StreamParser to look at files later.
    Encoder behaviour currently is weird.
  • So can i do it again with just 1080 progressive alone?
  • You don't need to use 1080 progressive and 1080i50,00>50,00p at the same time :-)
    1080 progressive alone is for 25p/30p encoder (depending on your PAL/NTSC setting).
    Whole point of this patches is to try them on very low detailed scene, like out of focus dark corner :-)
  • Used:
    30min removal
    1080 progressive
    1080i50,00>50,00p
    only this 3 patches.

Put the camera in movie mode with settings: FSH, 1080i manual movie mode. Is there any way to try this? 'm sorry it's my first time doing this!
  • @ruicaria

It is impossible to understand anything.
    You need to by absolutely specific about patches used and your actions step by step.
  • I tried to record in 1080i (pal version) and return a error about the speed of the card... I had to take off the battery to shut down the camera. Then I plug the nanoflash recorder and still shows 1080i on that device, but then it record to the SD card while pluged to nanoflash... the picture is completed screwed: green blocks and compression artifacts... Didn´t try to record with nanoflash but should be ok, as he detects the 1080i signal!
  • Ok thanks Vitaly, it's not exactly clear where to read the information of FAQ, that's why I'm asking. Thanks for the help.
  • > increase version number of hacked firmware by 10 in pTool

Read tips before asking this.
    Normally 1 will be enough.

> press and hold the slideshow button

You do not need to hold anything.
    Just press play button.
  • So do I apply this patch in exactly the same way as what I read about the GH1?

* fully charge original battery
    * increase version number of hacked firmware by 10 in pTool
    * copy hacked firmware to the root of the SD card
    * put SD card in camera
    * power up
    * press and hold the slideshow button

Is that it?

Thanks
  • Bravo Vitaliy !!! Thank You !!!!
  • July 4th fireworks is over, but I'm gonna buy more fireworks and celebrate tonight. Woo hoo!!!!
  • Releasing the potential of the gh2, wow I just bought a gh1 and am completely happy with it for documentary work. I´m waiting for the global shutter hand held dream gh camera.
    thanks
    :)
  • >Oh my god then we finally have 1080p25?
    don't think so, Ptool says "Normally hangs with error upon start"
  • hi there. What do I need to download to download and apply the patch? Where can I download it, forgive me but I'm a little confused. How to I change the language from Japanese to English?
  • What a legend. Wish i had the GH2 tho :)
  • >I see that there is no warning for the MJPEG adjustments, does it mean that you (partially) successfully tested it ?

MJPEg encoder is almost the same on all cameras. So all must work ok.
    422 color is not included because it don't work as on G2.
  • Oh my god then we finally have 1080p25? Vitalyi you made a miracle. Thank you!
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions