Personal View site logo
GH2 v1.1 new firmware with 25p discussion topic
  • 637 Replies sorted by
  • @alexpj19

Banding is not software issue. It is some hardware stuff. Most probably it is sensor only thing.

• Hey Vitaliy, u menya vopros, Sorry chto crossing posts, is there any chance of taking a look at horizontal bending "Line" that appears on the footage when using high ISOs, you think its a firmware or sensor problem and is there way to fix it? Zaranie blagodaryu.

• Just to be clear. Firmware available on site is exactle the same as initially released.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Ah I see. I did not know that. Thanks for clarifying. So every non-European GH2 doesn't have the 30-minute limit?

• Can we make the old v1.1 patch available for everybody?

Meaning? Limit only work for Europian cameras. Not for all PAL cameras.

• Here's a pic showing me recording in HBR/25p for well over 30 minutes. Can also record in 24p over the limit. Can we make the old v1.1 patch available for everybody?

Untitled-1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 234K
  • Has anybody tested the 25p mode HDMI output format? Is it a clean 50i or does it have added fields?

Anybody with an external recorder?

• @roberto could may be ask VK for specific left hand driving settings in new PTool...

• It's finally back on panasonic available for d/l

• the missing 30min limit might just be the reason they took the firmware offline!

• @kanintesova Japanese traffic keeps to the left of the road. In this way the spoked wheels of early cars would synchronise with the electrical cycle, eliminating the distracting illusion of rotating backwards when filmed with early video cameras ;-)

• interesting to film a led clock with different shutter. really alien stuff that comes up on the screen.... it seems more to shutter than frame rate, but they play together.

• Interesting. I just took a look at japan standards. Seems like they use 50 AND 60Hz, depending on grid an region. Volt is 100, as to USA 120 and Europe 220... Interesting. "

[...] however this frequency difference affects only sensitive equipment." (like a camera?)

is it left or right traffic?

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2225.html

• @Gerald, Balazar, et all, Here in West tokyo I often have to turn the shutter speed down to 40 to cancel flicker, on a few rare occasions even 30 is necessary. I have no idea what the standard for the city is, but this is the reality of how I have to shoot. Granted I am an amateur, so maybe there is a way around this other than shutter speed.

• @fatpig You mean does the counter stop at 29:59? Nope, keeps going.

• @ed_lee83: does it still show the 29:59 limit in the corner?

• Just something I noticed, maybe it's been said already: With HBR/25p, I can record longer than 30 minutes. In fact I logged 1h30mins before I stopped it. Panasonic didn't mention that on the list...

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

sorry.. it was an exitement to see that miracle i had to bring it to pv communauty :/

• @amateur

Do not cross post. Link to topic is enough.

• You can still rock your gh2 to 6400 and 12800 without major noise :

and imagine that work on 16mp then scaled down to 1080p pana should take exemple of this for their next engine processor

• Come on people. Patience, in one way or another we are all contributing, finance,testing...etc, So stop beating down the door. Do you really think that VK is not looking at this process from all angles including what happening outside of the code.

• VK already said he tried "community programming" with GH1, but it didn't work well. But let say VK dies (please don't ban me), it will be sad if all his work disappears (or at least doesn't evolve anymore) with him.

• @stonebat - he's a poster with over a hundred posts - I'd say he's just someone who would like to see this open-sourced and posting in good faith. Sometimes a lot more work can be done, but in this case, maybe there are good legal reasons to not distribute.

• @ptchaw are you one of those open-source trolls?

• @Ptchaw I do not have any intention to release anything. As it not only will lead to legal consequences (and believe me, I have real expience with it) and will render all our work useless in very short time.

The core developers will get all necessary information, code parts, etc. For example, soon most AVCHD research will be handled by multiple developers. As we need to document all the little intricates of GH2-type encoder.