Personal View site logo
Panasonic Conversion Lenses
  • 97 Replies sorted by
  • I am using GWC1 with 14mm F2.5 and I think it is really good.

• I'm hoping no loss :)

• Will do. I really, really hope it's only a small loss.

• @Rambo Cool. Please check if it gives same EV reading.

• @hilltop, Fleabay Japan, starting to appear. $179us.

• @Rambo, where did you buy it from?

• I just purchased the Panny wide converter, should have it in a few days, will run some tests on the 14mm pancake and try get it to work on some of the other Panny lenses even though it's not designed for that, who knows.

• @karl This thread is about Panasonic converters, not what you bought :)

• @stonebat: Are you sure? According to the Panasonic DMW-GMC1GU spec sheet, the minimum focus distance with the H-H014 pancake is 14cm - and while I cannot cite a spec that is specific for using the SIOLEX macro converter with the H-H014, I am pretty sure that the nearest focus distance I get with that combination is not any further.

We could do a comparison: Let's agree on an object that we both have (like a bank note or alike), and shoot a test picture of it at the closest distance that the auto focus is happy with (at the 14mm end). Shall we? :-)

• @karl The Panasonic one gives much shorter minimum focus distance.

• I bought and used the inexpensive macro converter from SIOCORE for my 14mm-42mm lens (70 € along with a 0.7 wide angle converter, http://www.siocore.de/konverter/fuer-spiegellose-systemk/weitwinkel-konverter/siocore-37mm-52mm-0-7x-weitwinkel---makro-olympus-pen/a-87987952/ ), and I am satisfied with the results - they certainly look not worse than what is shown in the mynichi.net review. (The Panasonic macro converter is offered for ~100,- € alone.)

• Prolly in May...

• Does anybody know when these might be hitting the shelves? I've had the 12mm 1.6 on order for ages and I'm looking for something wide for a trip in April..

Thanks

• Is it possible to screw ND filters on these conversion lenses? Would be nice to have wide-angle with POIS :-)

• I can't see why DMW-GWC1 can't be used on other m43 lenses.

14mm 2.5 -> 11mm ??

25mm 1.4 -> 20mm ??

45mm 1.8 -> 35mm ??

• DWS-07ML has 50cm min focus distance where DMW-GWC1 has 17cm.

• I went ahead and ordered the DMW-GWC1 to use with the 14mm lens. I'm sure the adapter will loose a little light from f2.5 - but it should still be faster than the 7-14mm (f4).

For what it's worth, I usually found my 7-14mm lens at ~10-11mm setting, so the DMW-GWC1 should fit my needs well.

• DWS-07ML was announced around the same time. It has two different versions for 37mm and 49mm threads. It claims 0.7x.

DMW-GWC1 seems supporting both 37mm and 46mm threads. It’s 0.79x and seems twice more expensive than the other one.

Anyone with more info?

• Maybe with these converters new camera firmware will come with extra option for converters....?

• Guess its more loosing than gaining f stops.. however. Depending on the quality of the lense (sharpness, barrel distortion, aberation..) the wide conversion together with 14 mm pancake might become a nice affordable combo.

• how many f stops do we gain with this adapters?