Personal View site logo
Special deals: Matteboxes, ND filters, ND holders, follow focuses
  • 233 Replies sorted by
  • Does anybody know the exact centre-of-sensor/lens to bottom-of-GH1 distance?

I was looking around the web, but couldn't find any information. I need it to design my own camera mounting plate.
  • @Psyco
    How about measuring yourself and use proper topic?
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    I tryed, but its hard to pin down the centre of the lens and I thought there must be a white paper somewhere with this kind of information.

And isn't this the right topic? It is related to a post a couple of posts up, because the height of the camera must match the mentioned 85mm standart for matteboxes;-)
  • @jaecjaec

TrusMT is not the same as Lanparte.
    It is different MB.
  • Just found this review of the newest TrusMT FF
    Seams like everything is fixed! (Can't wait to get mine in the mail!)

Thanks VK!

PS: This is not my video, hope no issues with posting.
  • Any one tested Cinematics Matte Box ?
    I'm very interested on this one ?
  • @feha

Many guys here have Cinematics MB.
    It is good stuff.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev did they sort out a packaging problems ?
    Also can any owner tell me the body is it alu or steel ,the video above says it but i'm not sure (i mean the part between "flags" and filter-holders (usual plastic on other matte boxes)
  • I wonder if it is steel it might be heavy ?
    Is there total weight of Cinematics vs Trusmt matte box ?
  • OK i got answer form the author of the video above ...
    he confirmed that it is not steel it is pressed alu ...
    Great! :-)
  • Does anyone know the difference between the D100MB1 and D100MB2 models for Trustmt?
  • @njoslavelin This is response I received when asking that same question from Trusmt on ebay:

"Our D100MB1 and D100MB2, it have many different.
    1. D100MB1 filter trap just can turn 90degree, but D100MB2 can turn 360degree. and D100MB2 can adjust height little:+/-10MM.
    the flags are different, pls see the end, if it write "AL" it mean the flags is made by Aluminum,if it is "CF" , it is Carbon fiber."
  • Yep, height adjustment for newer version.
    Plus different filter holder. It turns 180 degrees (90 left and 90 right).
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev I'm curious if you have some new deals lined up; for high quality FF (new version of trusmt, for instance) or matte box with more than one rotatable filter holder?

• Im in for a new mattebox, whats the latest on the new TrusMT? TRUSMT D100MB2 CF Carbon Fiber Matte Box slightly more expensive than alu. This looks like the one I may go for, anyone had experience with this new model?

• @driftwood, I reviewed the Trumsmt D100MB2 CF matte box back in August (on page 4 of this thread).

The mattebox has performed solidly since my review and my positive opinion of it hasn't changed. Trusmt fixed the filter sizing issue and sent me 2 filter tray replacements free of charge. Good customer service.

The only real flaw that I've picked up on since then regarding the carbon fiber flags is that the top flag is ever so slightly warped - it bows up in the middle. Again, it's very, very little - like 1 degree. If the flag were aluminum, one could bend it back straight. But because the flag is carbon fiber, it's not malleable. It's not really a functional issue - more of a purely cosmetic one.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll be happy to answer.

• I just did a little review comparing the lanparte FF that I got on the deal with a couple of others I have if anyone's interested. I love the Lanparte.

• I postet about this before but no answer so I try again in here:

Does anyone know of a solution to raise the mattebox besides the Indian Riser for FF and MB? It seem that all MBs are fixed in their height which is just above the rails...

• @JackBayer

This is deals topic.
    As for rising, you can use adjustable camera base instead of MB adjustment.

• This is a very long topic, but I was wondering if the deal was still going on for the cinematics matte box. I would love to pick one up!

• Well I just got my question answered so now I'm posting :-)

I have the Arriflex Follow Focus FF-5 system http://www.arri.de/camera/professional_camera_accessories/follow_focus/studio_follow_focus_ff_5_hd.html

But now with cameras always being put out on jib/cranes that aren't "picker" I'm looking for something which is remote or wireless. Suggestions appreciated.

I'm also going to pick up one of the cinematics matte boxes asap. It just seem like a crazy deal!

• I don't know if the matte box deal is still going, but I would really like a chance at the deal!

I'm pretty fresh to the independent film making world. Fresh meaning no more than three years experience/knowledge...

However I am a really fast learner. I work with a small "team " of people which include my brother and about 3 friends. We are all pretty young with no one currently older than 20 and no younger than 17. I myself have not had a dslr or equivalent camera so we have been working off of footage from my friend's cameras...mostly 60d and a d7000. About a week ago I ordered a GH2 finally...and now a second lens.. So thats why I'm looking for this matte box. I'm building a rig to be able to shoot more shorts.

This is a short film for a school project we made in a very short limited amount of time...It's story line doesn't make the most sense but we still had fun. This project is a year old and by now we have improved by a lot.

Click Here to View The Video Titled: Oneshot

Heres a behind the scenes for anyone interested. Also don't get spooked by our English/Russian speaking we are ethnically Russians but live in the US and so we have this sort of hybrid speaking between us...lol...

Click Here to View The Video Titled: Oneshot - Behind The Scenes

The gear we (our team) currently have is a 60D, 7D, 2 x GH2 (my friend ordered one right after I got mine lol) Lenses: for 7D 85mm f1.8, and 30mm f1.4; for 60D 50mm f1.8, Rokinon 85mm f1.4; for GH2 14-140mm f4-5.8, 25mm f1.4 I also own a zoom h4n and a akg c1000s for sound for now. We are currently lacking a light set. But we wanna get one soon.

We also have a lot of knowledge in visial effects as we have every single one of Andrew Kramers tutorials and have learned a lot. We also watch film riot on revision3.com for other info. And currently waiting on Andrews new and epic tutorial. He has a sample clip here http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2012/01/emergency-landing/

Well I hope this qualifies for getting the awesome deal on the matte box...thanks for everything (awesome hacks) and sorry for the long post ;)

-Vitaliy G. (Videl)

• So I ordered the matte box and a 7" monitor hood today. Hopefully everything goes well and I'll get it within the next 1-2 weeks...

Once I get it I'll post here and let you guys know if its good and how its been packed... maybe I'll write a review or post some pictures sometime...

Thanks Vitaliy Kiselev for the awesome deals!

• @Videl - Yep, it takes about 10-12 business days. I paid for my MB on the 23rd and got it today. Can't say that I am disappointed in the overall quality.