Personal View site logo
Personal View Feature Film Collaborative project
  • 536 Replies sorted by
  • I'd just like to underline that have been passed like three months and we're still discussing for the methods of voting for the prototype of a concept of a script for the screenplay. I vote for less democracy and more authority like: just vote the preferred concept and the official writer(s) of the screenplay will take into account the opinions of all by reading at past (and future) polls.

• I agree with Elenion, as of today there are 16 potential storylines or concepts, I suggest we set a cut off date to get any final ideas in. Vote and then present those ideas to the writing team. Decide on a head writer and get the first draft underway. You should check out submission #15 by Martin Lancaster. As far as I know Martin is the only professional writer who has offered to help us out and is a strong candidate for the lead writer role. I'm not saying his idea is the best but it gives you an idea of genres that he likes writing in.

• May be really use one author for each variant and make him submit one short story concept. And only after this make any voting? Cut 50% of stories. make remaining authors expand and detail their story. Another vote and another cut. To make things more interesting you can get $50 from each candidate author on each stage. And one who'll win will take the bank. :-)

• @Vitaly I dont think any of the stories presented so far are going to be expanded any further until the authors know what "THE GROUP" thinks of them. Most authors have had plenty of time to expand on their stories if they had further ideas.

I think everyone who has submitted something so far deserves to hear what the group thinks of their ideas. Forget the cash contest idea, I could only see that as slowing things down, lets just move forward as efficiently as possible.

Maybe once the concepts have been thinned out to the top 5 or something, everyone can be free to add ideas for those, but its kind of pointless to add new ideas to concepts that no one wants to pursue.

• Yes, it is time to write screenplays.

• @Imaginate, @B3Guy: I think there could be a crop of the story concepts now (to about 5 left) and then it's up to the writers to use the favoured main concepts as they see fit whilst developing their story.

• Good let's do this poll!

• @RRRR I agree, we have 16 concepts, create a poll with the number and title. Members should read the [storylines] page once more before they vote as some people have updated there stories.

Any volunteers to create the poll?

• Yup, if it's possible limit the votes to 5 and have a simple yes / no selection.

• I can create the poll again, but perhaps we should allow at least a couple of days in case there is still anyone wanting to work over theirs a bit more. I know I would like to rework mine a bit this weekend. How about a day next week sometime for the editing to close and the poll to open?

Also, we need some way of choosing a writer after that.

• Why not have another week for concept finalizing..? (Friday - Friday) We make an announcement and try to make it visible. Poll could open on Saturday and get done pretty quickly (3 days open time or something like that) - closing on monday.

Why not do the poll and then see how or who will write? I'm guessing some people will be eager to work on certain ideas whilst they don't want to work on others.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev - do you think it would be possible to have a sticky thread for announcements? Like deadlines and such.. (without discussion) "Personal-View community announcements" or something like that..

• I don't understand that you mean under "sticky thread for announcements".

• Like, that there could be a thread for announcements as one of the "important" threads at the top of the topics list.. It could be for other issues aswell, not only this. Easy to find memos for different things..

• I am not fan of stickies. So, I keep them as minimum as possible (and will reduce significantly soon). And I am also not fan of piles of different things in one topic.

Right now it is very easy to find this topic. You can follow it. You can make separate page in Wiki with announcments.

I think that you really want is to make so more people will be involved. But this is not the sticky issue.

• @Vitaliy these are stickies - never mind just read previous post

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I understand your concern.. My point was that as threads grow (if one is in the middle of busy spell) it can be hard to keep track of important info. This is not only true for the collaborative project but for other things aswell. I guess it would be good to make a front page for announcements in the wiki - that would help our project.

• Anything that makes things simpler and easier to understand is a good thing. The last three people that I have invited to the project have all commented on how confusing it is to navigate, and come back saying " I still dont understand what the project is about "

An overall project description might be good to feature on 00_main_page and a sticky at the beginning of this thread. Some people dont want to read through the whole thread to figure our major points of what we are trying to do.

• Does anyone else find it difficult to use the wiki for discussion threads?

• Right. Friday it is, then. That will give anyone who might be wanting a chance a bit of time to make changes on their ideas.

• @Vitaliy Is something like this possible for our discussion threads within the wiki? http://forum.dokuwiki.org/forum

• @Imaginate

I don't understand that you mean. This is just forum software external to wiki.

• @Vitaliy I thought it was a wiki plugin for a forum within the wiki.

What is your thoughts on creating forum threads for:

Open Discussion - General

Open Discussion - Development

Open Discussion - Pre-production

Open Discussion - Production

Open Discussion - Post-Production

Open Discussion - Delivery

Assuming we want to keep this thread just for announcements to the PV Community

• My thoughts are negative. As even in this topic activity is minimal.

Are you sure that this topics will be actively used?

• @all

Sorry for the silence. You know, things happened. Life happened. For whatever it's worth, I'm back. Let's make this motherfucking movie!