Personal View site logo
Personal View Feature Film Collaborative project
  • 536 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    i just got an answer from a developer of the gcal (google calendar) plug in for dokuwiki that says that now it should work with the latest version, if you want to give it a try :)

https://github.com/lupo49/plugin-google_cal/issues/1#issuecomment-3274013
  • I installed latest from Github, check if it works.
    And let me know, ok?
  • is working :D
    thank you Vitaliy!

@someone
    i need someone that has an english gmail account make a calenedar and update the deadlines & goals google calendar, because my calendar gets displayed in spanish :p, please, and make it public, the only thing you have to do is place the id of the calendar (is on the calendar configuration) over the one on the wiki, just replace it, please :)
  • @lolo

Try to check settings in your account.
    I think you can switch it to English.
  • hi everyone, im reading to all this stuff, but can wait to tell that i like to contribute as well, a community movie is great idea, sharing is true love :D haha

anyway i kind of thinking on something similar, but having to do with all the test that have been made to make patches and hack better, so that sense of community and testing working for a common good may have something to do with the story and maybe some test can be used!

so count me in!

Neuquen, Argentina. Patagonia !
  • Merry Christmas everyone, I'm happy to announce we have a few more writers joining the crew. Martin Lancaster from the UK. http://www.martinlancaster.com/ and Grant Gladish from Vancouver, BC who has written three screenplays and a valuable source for story design.
  • @sebasp

the whole driving concept behind this is to get as far away from "testing" as possible. many plotless test videos out there already. For collaborative testing, check out Driftwood's reels that he is compiling. I've participated in one of his reels already and it is lots of fun!

Welcome on board! be sure to read some on the wiki to get a feel for what we're up to

@Imaginate VERY exciting news! Get those guys some usernames and lets get talking! I'm on a bit of a holiday break right now, but I'll have some more time in a week or so to kick off our next "stage" in the process. (Now that I've got us through one stage successfully, the next one should go considerably faster).
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    i end up making a new account, but now everything is displayed in english :), thank you again

@all
    please feel free to add schedule info on the calendar and gantt chartt, please

http://www.personal-view.com/our_movies/movie_01:01general:06_deadlines
  • @lolo

For me all is displayed in Russian, so, I think that Spanish had been pretty ok :-)
    It just use your location from gmail.

I think it is very bad idea to share passowrd and login on public wiki page.
    Account won't live even two days.
  • I think that this plugin - http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:wikicalendar will be better suited.

It is very bad idea to use polls from one service, calendar from other.
  • hahahahhaha funny

its just i dont see any option so the calendar can be edited by anyone
  • that plug in looks interesting
  • has anyone worked with this before: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yammer
    I don't know if this will worked for the film but could be a little to social. The thing its private and easy to create pages votes ect.
  • sorry for the silence, @all

I am preparing for my move to Los Angeles
  • @B3Guy Let me know when you get here and I'll be happy to take you to lunch. :)
  • Hey guys just an update from my side, there have been several conversations going with various writers who are interested in helping out and kicking around some story ideas. I just put a new story idea up on the concepts page the other day. We should probably set a deadline for the next round of voting sometime soon and nudge the story process forward. Any suggestions for a date to have story submissions in by? and how we would like those formatted for the vote? It might be good to have some comments from everyone on the results of our last poll and what what we found interesting about our results. What conclusions can we draw from that Poll?
  • ya sorry . . . Im road trip pin' it to LA right now. Be there tomorrow. Once I'm settled in, I'll get the ball rolling with this project again.

• Guys, this way of behave, like to vote everything many times and subdivided in small concepts will make us failthis project.

• My opinion is simple. Never ever committee made anything interesting. It is not because people are wrong. It is because people can normally reach agreement only on common things (so, no one will be "left behind"). So, in best case, it'll be "we'll make mix of common stamps".

• I agree, any creative project by committee is doomed. Just look at the standard of design in the London Olympics (the logo, the condom-like mascots) to realise this.

I am optimistic about collaboration but not committees. Separate roles of collaborators is a good thing. A committee is mud.

• Well, looking at the poll results it certainly seems that way.. It was very hard to distinguish any clear group preference except for the most generic concepts, which are easy to accept.

At least, I found it very hard to take anything useful from the poll results.

• I think there was a few useful things that we learned from the last survey. The most interesting I found was that Every person speak his/her own language (lot of subtitles) got a high mark

also : the story contains multiple protagonists scored high

• those kind of ideas can actually have an effect on the writing whatever the final story is ultimately chosen.

and some of lower scoring ones like "A contemporary class war story" & The figure of a scientist who helps the main character throughout the film but still seems suspicious. people seemed to unanimously dislike for some reason. ha ha

I don't think it was ever the intention to write a script collaboratively by voting on (Story ELEMENTS )... but to vote on story Concepts/Synopsis/Loglines and choose a shortlist then ultimately one or two that would be written by a qualified writer or writing team.

I think the next vote on Potential Story Ideas will be a lot more progressive in moving us forward.

• Yes, it is time to really get going on some real stories, everyone. Let's see what we can come up with.

• We already have our concepts. It is not possible to write an entire story just to let them be submitted to a vote. We follow a weird scheme until now and i personally don't know how we could go ahead in this way. Maybe voting the concepts and applying the limitations underlined by the last poll. Really i don't know

• Well, maybe we go from concept to short synopsis with clear limitations (amount of words / letters) and do a poll where you only have, say, 3 votes. Then it should become more clear what stories to develop.