Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @disastronaut @balazer @jard667 @driftwood

i have uploading a raw video file...i have to transcode to mpeg 2 with a bitrate of 80000. but it looks the same like the mts file before with 146000 bitrate.

my settings in camera are : 24 cinema mode, 1080P24 H, m exposure, iso 160, shutter between 50-125, f-stop 1.7. The Lens for this video was the pana 20mm 1.7 pancake. i'm filmed in smooth mode -2-2-2-2. Quantum v2 patched.

I think it's looked not that crisp and much like video from a camcorder.

thx for all of your help. i'm really thankful for that ;)

https://rapidshare.com/files/2618889316/test.m2v

• @driftwood, I just loaded Q v7, will test tonight on shoot at 720p50. Is this AQ1 or AQ2 for 720p50? I note AQ1 on v6 has become AQ2 on this new v7 for 720p60 users. Curious if different for 720p50 users?

I note my 32GB San Disk HD Video 30MB/s card has gone from around 41minutes on v6 to 52 minutes record time with v7, so something has changed. All good, will report in due course with a sample. tia

• *** NEW *** Quantum v7 (this is v6 updated - don't bother wiith v6) Tuned buffers 70% of bitrate all round. Plus, 1080pL setting is slightly down on bitrate/buffer ratio - test for spanning please. 720p now on AQ2 for balance. Everything else virtualy the same. This patch looks great in real world preliminary tests. Use the L setting for 80% mode. Tested on Voigtander 0.95 manual lens.

Driftwood Quantum v7 BETA - seti (7th Jan 2012).zip
    849B
  • Here's a short video I made of my trip to the Devil's Punchbowl using Driftwood's SeAQuake patch and Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95. Looking forward to upgrading to the Quantum v6 really soon. Thank you again for your research/testing driftwood!

• LOL! You're bound to get at least one in every forum.

• @cinemon There are so many factors that coud be going wrong it would take ages to sort out. Get used to the camera, try out a few other patches and see how you get on (maybe see what works for you). Don't use these Quantum BETA patches until its released. Theyre out for testing. I don't think youve got a bad batch camera.
    Can you try out AQuamotion v2 and report results? Thanks.
  • @cinemon, I see no problems with that footage that I would attribute to the camera or the patch settings. They are both doing exactly what they should be. Both shots are a bit underexposed for my tastes, but maybe that's what you were going for, which is fine if it is. The second shot is not in HD, so I can't tell much. The second shot is a little bit shaky. It would benefit from some stabilization. Also, it looks like the exposure was adjusted at several points during shooting.
  • @cinemon Iso, Mode, Shutter, Lens, project setting, export setting?
    Problems before patch?
  • @cinemon Can you upload/make available one of the original .mts files in question?
  • @Butt
    was this sarkasm or could you Tell me whats wrong with my Videos?

im very unhappy with the results of Quantum v2 :(
  • @cinemon
    you probably have a damaged gh2 - sure
  • @jweeke I used the Mac OS X disk utility. But it worked only for a non moving low detailed nightshot, today in daylight it didn't span again.
  • Yes, i know ;)
    but i would know if these two Samples are normal in quality with Quantum 2? i'm worry about i have a damaged gh2.... i have a 5dm2 too and i can't judge the differenz Which the hacked gh2 must be a Lot better...
    sry for my Pope english ;)
  • Also of course it has A LOT to do with composition, lighting, set, scenery, wardrobe and color correction. Expect no magic there without effort. ;)
  • this are two videos that i captured...is there everything normal? i have seen so much driftwood hacked videos whos look like film...but mine looked like a cheap camcorder...

• L not spanning on 30MB/s Sandisk 32gb, even after a low level format.

Image looks good, though!
  • @jard667

Hi. Should "Constant preview" mode be identical to "recording"-mode? I can't see any difference w/o "constant preview" in non-rec.state. it is always in "live mode" a guess. Could this because hacked firmware?
  • @tobnyot

What utility do you use for formatting?
  • @cinemon
    1/ normal
    2/ viewfinder is better for me, much easier to focus
    3/
    Try to find "Constant Preview" in menu, check if is it On
    Try to use M mode
  • Hey,
    i'm a New User of the gh2. I have two questions :

When i Set the Iso in 24 Cinema Mode to Maybe 640, the Camera says me during the Record "autoiso" is this normal?

And my Second question is about Correct exposure, should i Film through the searcher or with the LCD? and how can i judge the right exposure? in my Tests the LCD picture was fine but the final file was very underexposed!

Thx for your help ;)
  • Terraquoke works fine, no problems ad all
    panning the cam fast from left to right, and zoom in/out
    Lot off motion...
    720p 50fps = 33mb
    1080 24p H setting gives 44mb
    1080 24p L setting gives 33mb

Oké thx, i have a start now from where i can go further....
  • Just used AQUAMOTION' ver 2.
    24p with setting to H was oke, no problems.
    but 720p 50fps did give a screen with, card to slow.
    i have the Scandisk extreme pro uhs-1, 8 gb 45mb card.
    The file was just 0bites in windows.
    i was trying to rescue the file with RescuePRO Deluxe demo http://www.lc-tech.com/pc/sandisk-rescuepro-and-rescuepro-deluxe/
    But no results :-(

to bad, still have the Sandisk Extreme HD Video 32 GB 30mb in order.
    and will try it then again....
  • @driftwood

I'll be testing Quantum 6 over the next two days. I can already report that the 24L does not span on a Sandisk Extreme "HD Video" 30 MBs card.

Question: Is it possible that the 24H setting will span on a Sandisk 64GB SDXC "95 MBs" card?

I'll say it many more times -- thank you.
  • Thanks all for your advice.
  • The Sandisk cards are 200 EURO in Europe. No way I am paying that for it. I can buy 7 Transcend Class 10 32GB cards for the price of one new Sandisk card. Prices will come down for sure, I think 120 EURO is about right for what you get (64GB, high speed, spanning). As mentioned by others: I also think 100M is perfect for interviews and documentary work and B-roll can easily be shot in H mode.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions