Personal View site logo
GH2 v1.1 new firmware with 25p discussion topic
  • 637 Replies sorted by
  • The firmware is still there for me
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I hope you don't stop work on the 1.1 firmware. It really has some beneficial improvements. Have you tried out some of the new features(AFC actually works well now)?

The firmware download page error might just be a server problem. Maybe they are doing maintenance over the holiday?
  • It sure looks like download servers maintenance. But that would be bummer for Vitaliy if they are going to change something in the 1.1 update..

EDIT: Well.. it's weird that the only download that does not work is the 1.1 update for GH2..
  • Yep.
    Doesn't looks like server maintenance.
  • VK

is possible that with latest gh2 v1.1 up date from pany there could have been law copirght infringments
    so they withdrawn it to avoid problems etc I dont personaly think we will see any more updates from pany
    ....how is the crackink v1.1 going on?

Regards
  • @sparticos: Nope. I don't think Panasonic would just give up on GH2 so fast just after one update and left the cam without another software support and even withdraw the one-and-only update from official support website.. looks much like they are actually fixing something on the 1.1 update..
  • MarkV
    From the start of V1.1 it looked very strange to me naming the new video mode HBR! what happened to
    25p and 30p or woud that infringe some european law classing the camera as a video camera with the
    appropriate taxes, how ever I hope you are right...

ps, It could be infringment with other companys algorithms in the software other wise why not do it from
    launch, I think V1.1 was the back door way.....
  • @sparticos

I really suggest to stop unfounded speculations. Ok?
  • I must say, naming it "HBR mode" was really weird and odd to me too, you are right at that. But let's wait little bit more.. I bet Vitaliy don't need this sort of speculative discussion here. :) I hope Panny will say what's going on or just put the update back there soon.
  • It's certainly strange. There are many possible reasons, server fuckup, lens incompatibility, infringement, hardware malfunction theyve found, or a new version... We'll just have to wait and see.
  • I got to the "download" page and when I pressed "download", this is the message I got.
    Not Found
    The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.
  • I think we should all send an email to Panasonic support and ask for an answer.
  • I had a live chat with Panasonic support about firmware 1.1. Bottom line; something is going on. They disconnected the chat without an answer. Here is the copy of the chat.
    Zaven: Digital Still Camera
    Panasonic: Connection established.
    Panasonic: Initiating Chat, Please Wait.
    Panasonic: Thank you for contacting Panasonic. An agent will answer your request shortly. Please have your product information, model and serial number available so the Panasonic representative can expedite your request.
    Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com
    Panasonic: Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait while a Panasonic representative becomes available to answer your request
    Panasonic: http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/
    Panasonic: Connecting... An agent will be with you shortly.
    Panasonic: Welcome to Panasonic Chat. A transcript of this chat will be emailed to you once you disconnect.
    Adriano G.: Thank you for contacting Panasonic Chat.How may I help you today?
    Zaven: It seems that the latest firmware 1.1 for Lumix GH2 can not be accessed through the Panasonic link and it has been removed. Is that intentional?
    Zaven: when you click download here is what you get
    Not Found
    The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.
    Adriano G.: ok no problem, could you send me that link please
    Zaven: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/index2.html
    Zaven: check line #8 DMC-GH2
    Adriano G.: ok, right now I am not seeing a firmware for this camera
    Zaven: It is right in front of me and I can see DMC-GH2 ver 1.1 2011/12/7
    Zaven: In the section that says camera body
    Adriano G.: send me that link where your seeing that
    Zaven: If you can't see it in this site, then tell me where would I get the latest firmware 1.1 update? may be Panasonic moved the location.
    Zaven: I just sent you the link earlier
    Zaven: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/index2.html
    Adriano G.: I will have my supervisors investigate this link
    Zaven: ok. Should I wait?
    Zaven: just to let you know. There is a large forum of GH2 users that are asking the same question on New Year's day. This is important and is holding us back from doing production work
    Adriano G.: I understand let me apologize
    Panasonic: chat Disconnected.
  • I don't see any reason to post all this.
    Chat person usually have absolutely zero knowledge.
    They know only things that had been told to them.
    Usualy they know answers for simple questions.
    Also your side is very hard to understand to anyone.
  • My apologies VK. I will refrain from adding this sort of detail in the future. I agree with you that the agent's knowledge is limited. The point I was trying to make is that She went to her supervisor for an answer and she was told to apologize and disconnect the chat without any answer or recommendation. That is the strange part.
  • The update for PHOTOfunSTUDIO v6 is also missing from the list.
  • Here's hoping there's no change to the firmware. Very hopeful about hi-bit rate 25p patches..
  • @bonk

It looks like result of too much sake taken by one of their guys :-)

• Another example of the new HBR Mode of firmware V1.1. I'm looking forward to the new hack! Thank you for all the ingenious work. :-)))
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Does this mean that hacking of v1.1 will resume?
  • One thing I have noticed with the new firmware is that my audio is not synced ONLY in the HDMI output. The file on the card is OK. Anyone else get this? Or is it my TV...
  • @DrDave same problem here.
  • @veloci Thanks for the conformation. That's a pretty serious bug. Anyone else have it?