Personal View site logo
GH2 vs EX3 stills...
  • 31 Replies sorted by
  • @EOSHD Andrew I have the same thing and I think it is due to the lense in use being wide open. When you stop down it starts to go but of course at night you want a lense to be wide open. I may be totally wrong but I have noticed it too and my assumption was it was due to older lenses ( ie FD not having such a resilience to flare etc) But I also notice it on the Voigtlander .95. If anyone has any other ideas I'd like to know because it bugs me too
  • @EOSHD

Yea, I've got no idea. I kind of like it though... it's different. :)
  • bwhitz Sale the gh2 and keep you XF300
    try again and use panny 20mm lent is more sharp.
  • @derek "bwhitz Sale the gh2 and keep you XF300 "

Well, I don't know if this was supposed to be constructive or not, but I don't own a XF300... I just use them at work allot. I wouldn't buy one though, the image has a terrible overall look. I just finished an edit actually on a project with a XF300 and 5D. The XF looked like garbage next to the 5D in EVERY situation, despite it actually having a sharper image. But who cares about detail when the image looks like the epitome of digital video, has terrible color rendering, and looks like flip video in low-light? If you thought skin looked bad on a 5D, don't even look at skin tones on a XF... people look like grey blood-less zombies. I'm even a huge Canon fan, and I would never touch a XF for a personal project. XF's are good cameras for when you need robust image gathering for content purposes only and don't care about aesthetics... because it doesn't have any.

"try again and use panny 20mm lent is more sharp."

Nope. I don't like the look of Panny lenses. They don't look organic and don't take advantage of the GH2's full DR. I have a suspicion that Panny lenses are about 2-3 stops lower than any other comparable lens.
  • i love panny lent and i want to try olympus,i have manys lents rokkor,zeiss,pentax,helios etc,and panny resolve more detail,i shot this clip i summer whith 20mm panny

• @Eoshd I don't know exactly why the halo happens, but I've noticed that you can remove it if you use a diffuser. (If you shoot in fog there are smooth gradients from light sources)