Personal View site logo
Personal View Feature Film Collaborative project
  • 536 Replies sorted by
  • @atticusd
    I do not mean dictatorship.
    I mean assigning clear roles.
    And have clear timeframe and clear checkpoints.
    As I said, I have no intention to interfere.
  • I'm missing some stuff:
    are we going to vote the elements and main concepts the 20th of december?
    We've to decide quickly the basic structure of the team and of the project or it'll be impossible to manage it. +I know that students have finals and workers have the most of the work in these days but we've to make some choices

@Vitaliy
    Perfectly in line with you
  • Consensus is bad when trying to collaborate, it is the same as dictatorship of the group. Majority rule (democracy) is a whole different thing! :)

I think we need to get to the point where we have already drafted out a pretty clear path (course of action, not necessarily everything decided) and then get to task assignment.

Can we have a deadline for voting by the end of this week?
  • There is already written the deadline for voting on wiki
  • No need to hurry, once the right script is in place, we can begin to build. This is the hardest part is finding the right story, then assembling the writing team or even single writer. It's good that the project has this time for the stories, themes and elements to develop.
  • @imagenate
    No problem with going slow, but we need deadlines and we need that everyones subscribe them.
  • please, read the gantt chart on the deadlines & goals page of the wiki.... for further information on the deadlines path suggested
  • @all please before edit any page of the wiki, you must register in the wiki, please use the same username that you use here, otherwise on the changes made we only get an ip adress, so nobody knows who is really editing the stuff....
  • @lolo
    Do not worry, system won't allow them to edit without registration now :-)
    Btw, it is good idea to find PHP guy and make small plugin that allow to use auth backed of our forum.
  • @all

we are very close to having stuff to vote on as @atticusd and I seem to now be more on the same page. perhaps @atticusd could give us an ETA for a revised "general concepts" list. (all we need is a list of them, that's it. then we poll.) I know the holidays are busy not for all but for many, so we may want to consider that and perhaps be open to extending this first poll on "general concepts" until early January (just a thought).

Things seem generally to be still progressing, but I suspect this time if year has most of us pretty busy one way or another.

Also, anyone that feels like they have a good handle on what atticusd and I mean by the term "general concept", please feel free to put in a few minutes on the wiki sorting out the "Elements" page. any little bit of help very much appreciated. As soon as we get this page together, I may do one last VERY short call for additional "general concepts" before we jump into polling.
  • @b3guy what is the deadline for all of the elements to be in?
  • I'll have the page ready before the end of the week. Hopefully before the weekend. Life's a bit crazy these days!
  • I think that everyday is a busy day for someone. This is the first important vote, if the start is a delay.. well this project could have a short life.
    It takes like half a hour to vote, not a day nor to cancel a holiday. Maybe we should just vote and see who's in and who's out.
  • @elenion, yeap, i place that deadline a month a go, and that was the only deadline siuggested and supported, the ones interested in working together will expend that half hour on those five days availables to vote (december 20 to december 25)

@b3guy as you probably are the one setting up the poll (on seamonkey (as you are the must experienced and i don´t think it would bother you right? :) ), because i tried the poll plugin that Vitaliy installed, but it doesn´t have the choice to introduce names as an answer, you can only choose from available options, so is more limited, still usable for less important polls though)... let me suggest what i think must be available (at the very least),

the first page to introduce the username,
    the second page for each storyline ranked from one to ten,
    the third page for the elements ranked from one to ten,
    the fourth page for the general concepts ranked from one to ten,
  • @b3guy Would a Logline also be a storyline?

A logline conveys the dramatic story of a screenplay in the most abbreviated manner possible. It presents the major throughline of the dramatic narrative without character intricacies and sub-plots. It is the story boiled down to its base. A logline must present:

who the story is about (protagonist(s))
    what he (they) strives for (goal)
    what stands in his (their) way (antagonistic force).
  • @b3guy

when you say "the fourth page for the [general concepts] ranked from one to ten, "

by [general concepts] do you mean [main concepts] that you defined here.. (Main Concepts are story LINES, plots, overarching guidelines that are not universally compatible with other story lines or plots. For example, meshing mine with the “occupy Wallstreet” one would be very difficult if not impossible. We will not I think deal with these until AFTER we have surveyed on the “elements”.)?

I get what [elements] are but a little unsure on how to list GENERAL ELEMENTS for my stories, and how voting on specific plot points is going to create a story?
  • Ok, no offene to everyone, but we've got our categories all fricked up. There are TWO ONLY, one for GENERIC BITS, LITTLE PARTS, ELEMENTS.

The other is for MAIN IDEAS, PLOTS, STORIES.

I think we completely leave main ideas alone for now and only vote on GENERICS.
  • @B3Guy
    Ok that makes sense having just two categories.

Having a poll for just elements is good, but why not have a separate vote for stories that are actually a little more fleshed out to see which kinds of stories people are leaning towards?

What way the december vote tells us what kind of elements people like and what kinds of stories people like.

• I was thinking we would give the writers of stories a chance to integrate and adjust for the "liked" elements before we vote on stories. Otherwise, what is the point of voting just on elements?
  • @B3Guy
    i thought the point was to give the writer(s), more variables to play when he/she develop the chosen storyline into a script

now that i understand what was on your mind, i don´t know, i think that will slow the entire process,
    i still think we should vote the storylines next week, along with the elements and concepts to keep the ball rolling

sorry i misunderstood you
  • perhaps we could make a second poll but only with the top five rated storylines (voted on next week´s poll) and ask the authors to improve it accordingly to the elements and concepts voted (on next week´s poll), but they should only have time until january 15 (i´m just suggesting), the day that the second voting should take place (according to the developed gantt chartt, the draft script (or at least a treatment) must be ready by mid/end february,
  • Ok, guys. You can find the preliminary Elements page here: http://www.personal-view.com/our_movies/movie_01:01general:08_specific_plot_elements_and_generic_conceptual_ones It's still a bit rough (too simplistic in some cases not generic enough in others...). In any case, every author can as of now change everything they think it's not accurate, add missing elements, whatever... In some cases I left the Main Concepts lists alone and just changed the tittle to Generic Conceptual Elements. If you feel that a more concise approach is needed just tell me so and I'll do my best to make everything tighter.

For now, every author should take a look at least at the Elements of his story and tell me to make the necessary changes or if he feels like it, make them himself. This goes for: @thepalalias, @andres, @lolo, @RRRR, @Imaginate, @L1N3ARX, @B3Guy, @Reckless, @Elenion, @RRRR, @Aksel

Thanks!!!
  • @atticusd
    You put back the old version of elements and storyline of my concept that i modified. The corrected version of it was in the previous page (that i can't find now).