Personal View site logo
SeAQuake + Remote
  • Trying a cheap (china) remote and wondering if SeAQuake is able to use it? The remote doesn't work, is it perhaps broke or SeAQuake just not supporting it? The idea was to use the remote as start/stop with my thumb when handling the camera on a one hand steadycam rig to shoot video.
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • does the remote work with stock?!
  • I did exactly that, cheapest china remote on shoulder rig thumb. works. regardless of patch used.
  • then paleface's remote doesnt?
  • ehm, kinda won't restore the original firmware. I called the Seaquake firmware GH2__V11.bin and the original firmware is called GH2__V10.bin, what am i doing wrong? I just copied the file (GH2__V10.bin) to root of a new in camera formatted camera and pushed the PLAY button...but it just tells "no pictures to show"
  • Just uncheck everything (thats default!), and save it to GH2__V12.bin and save/upload to cam.
  • okay, the remote is not working, unless there has to be something turned on in camera to be able to use a remote, do you know if? I can't find anything mentiond in manual when using a remote...
  • does remote need battery? !
  • it does not need battery, any recommendations for a good one for my application?

@fatpig
    which one do you use or did you buy yours from?
  • Sometimes the 2.5mm plug does not go in enough. These are very basic. Two resisters. One click sends a certain resistance = focus , the second (additive) = trigger. No batter should be required. I use 2 that I bought under $5 on ebay and the are always attached.
  • I tried different positions of the plug but nothing helped...they asked if they should send another one...another 2 weeks for one working (hopefully) remote....