Personal View site logo
GH2 v1.1 new firmware with 25p discussion topic
  • 637 Replies sorted by
  • Could somebody check whether there are some B-frames on 720p50/60 with the new firmware
  • I like this so far :-)
    Vitaliy with new hack will help us spice it up even more :-)
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev sorry Master I just wanted to make sure, without comprimising my gh2 !Many thanks
  • @chef
    Yes. You don't need to ask twice :-)
    Of course, no patches will work with v1.11 firmware.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev so directly from the aquamotion patch I have on with no troubleshoting..am I rigth?
  • @chef

Of course you don't need to reinstall enything.
    If you want to upgrade, just do so. It is safe and sound.
  • @chef .. I do not know if it is safe
    I reinstalled original firmware before updating and my GH2 successfully updated, and works :)
  • it's safe tu upgrade the new firmware with an hacked or I have to install the old 1.0 firmware and upgrade it from there

• Here comes my MTS file:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=16DNQ3LM
    (540mb)
    youtube video of the file above :
  • A 25P .mts http://www.thompson.id.au/avchd
    ~40 Megabytes
    My son with a tennis raquet and ball .. some sloppy pans

From my point of view it looks progressive when imported in to a 25P Media Composer project,
    if it's wrapped I don't really know. I'll let the experts decide.

If it matters iso160 Minolta 1.4 MD 50mm @ f8
    Film mode: Natural with everything @ -2

Kevin
  • @rumi: relax. with the hack you can switch between pal and ntsc.

Update: Vitaliy was faster – as ever.
  • @rumi

Do not worry :-)
    PAL/NTSC will be switchable after porting.
  • @derek, thank you, I'm uploading there soon will post the link ...
    coming soon the download link for MTS file
  • @rumi: Have you checked the video out? If you set it to PAL it would probably give you 25p!
  • First post here. Awesome site. I had a hunch before the latest firmware release that there would be a 30p mode for NTSC land, and a pal for the rest. Well I'm in Sweden and I just bought a gh2 yesterday from b&h. So now I have a NTSC camera in Pal land.....darn...darn.
  • megaupload?
  • where to upload my mts ?
    vimeo wont let me more than 500mb ...
  • 25p yihaa! Finally the gh2 became a fully usable great images shooting cam!

@feha: Avid Studio says it is 16bit color depth!?! Doubt that but it would be crazy if it was.

I also wonder about the better noise reduction. will it affect the normal mode (0)? or just the +2? Hopefully it is not just +2 at the level of 0nr.

Now the only thing we need is clean HDMI out to have the best low-cost-light-weight-small-size cinema and videocam in the world.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev once you upgrade the new firmware you will be able to hack it again with the old 3.63 ? And it will be safe to upgrade it with the original firmware on it or I can directly upgrade with the aquamotion Patch? thx
  • thank you
  • @Derek, will do very soon ...
  • If anyone is willing to upload a reasonably small MTS (with movement on the footage) to mediafire or the like, I have absolutely no trouble determining (not with tools but with my also amazingly subjective and agnostic vision) whether it's interlaced or not.
    ATM other than 5fps bracketing, I see nothing that tempts me. Mine stays hacked!
  • feha what about quality? can you upload small clip?
  • Hi, test HBR mode (25p - PAL)
    imported to Avid Studio, below is information that shows about HBR in AS 1.0
    25p_hbr.jpg
    866 x 763 - 88K
  • "You can disable touch screen operations to prevent erroneous operation."

Yay!!