Personal View site logo
NYC Area Peeps... Anyone interested in a meet up and maybe a little GH2 Video safari?
  • I think it could be interesting to exchange ideas in person for a change. I know, novel idea. Any takers?
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • I'm in ;-)
  • That would be nice..
  • And no, I'm not the craig's list killah.

What works best for everyone- Weekday/weekend?
  • I'm in NY as well. That sounds like a great idea. I guess weekend is usually the best solution (except Dec. 3-4, I have a shoot)
    Where are you guys located? I am in the east village/alphabet city.

And I'm not the Craig's list killer either, also that's exactly what the killer would say... haha.
  • I'm in the burbs these days. Bergen County. I used to roam the EVill back when it was still dodgy. Lived on 5th St Bet 2nd & 1st Aves. Having two kids can make the weekend tough, but I should be able to get a "hall pass" with enough notice. Maybe we should wait until after the holidays for a "temperate" weekend day or night?
  • Hey! I'm interested. After the holidays is going to be much easier. EV is where I'm studying.
  • It would be cool to hit places like Chinatown and E River park. The not so overly-shot exteriors of Manhattan...
  • @Rockroadpics Would be a nice idea. The best would be to have a place to meet, talk cameras and gadgets, then take our rigs and go out for a shoot around. Chinatown can be really nice.
    How should we plan this? Facebook event?
  • That would work. Does anyone know of some good places/Pubs that could accommodate a few of us showing up? Possibly the L.E.S.? I only know the small joints like Local etc.
  • i'm in! although i'm just getting mine on friday.
  • No worries, J. We probably won't meet up until after the holidays. That should give you more than ample time to get up and running with your new "baby".