Specs

• 24.1 million pixels sensor
    • DIGIC 8 LSI
    • All-cross 45-point AF sensor
    • Dual Pixel CMOS AF
    • 4K@30p/25p/24p without cropping, but with contrast AF only
    • 1080p up to 60p, this one has Dual Pixel AF
    • 3" very cheap 1.04 million-dot touch-panel vari-angle LCD
    • 7 frames per second (about 7.5 frames per second in live view)
    • 220,000 Pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor with Flicker Detection
    • Eye Detection AF (with tracking)
    • 131.0 x 102.6 x 76.2 mm
    • 515g (including battery)
    • $749 at
    • $899 for 18-55mm IS STM Lens Kit at
  • 10 Replies sorted by

sa12116.jpg
    544 x 374 - 28K
    sa12118.jpg
    571 x 377 - 28K
    sa12117.jpg
    569 x 381 - 29K
    sa12119.jpg
    570 x 377 - 30K
  • The work horse of the budget limited normal guy.

This 4k 30p is a joke. Although a big step for canon mainstream 4k strategy.

Although this sensor will he used in several models, i spect a good implementation.

• @endotoxic

It is always better to get 70d-80d level camera, if you want Canon and their DPAF.

IF you look around and won't rush, refurbished or such can be obtained really cheap.

• Dual Pixel CMOS AF

4K@30p video without cropping

But I bet it won't be able to do both at once

• PR

Whatever your family dynamic, there are certain moments with the ones you love that deserve to be remembered. In the spirit of capturing powerful moments that last a lifetime, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, unveiled today the Canon EOS Rebel T8i. The newest and highest-performing Rebel camera within the Canon lineup features the DIGIC 8 Image Processor, eye-detection in live view, 4K video, clean 4K HDMI outputˆ, and is the first EOS DSLR with vertical video1 all within a compact and lightweight body to bring photography and videos to life.

"Our commitment to high-quality and high-performing DSLR cameras is unwavering," said Kazuto Ogawa, president and chief operating officer, Canon U.S.A., Inc. "Visual storytelling is not one size fits all, and in order to encourage our current and future customers to explore their content creation journey and make it easier for people to explore the art of photography and the power of an image, it is imperative that the next EOS Rebel provide high-quality still imagery, high-speed shooting capabilities as well as top notch video functionality."

The Greatness Within the EOS Rebel T8i

The compact and lightweight EOS Rebel T8i camera is ideal for documenting the early days on the soccer field and aspiring shutterbugs looking to go beyond the "Auto" feature. This camera includes:

• Optical Viewfinder with a 45-point All Cross-type AF System with Face Detect to ensure images are in focus
    • 24 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor- Continuous Shooting at up to 7.0 fps
    • 4K UHD, Full HD up to 24P
    • Equipped with an Approx. 220,000 Pixel New AE Sensor and EOS iTR AF (Face Detection)
    • Fast & Accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Eye-detection (Servo)
    • Vari-angle, 3.0-inch LCD Touch Screen
    • Advanced Control with AF-ON Button and Quick Control Dial
    • Built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® Connectivity

Compatible with an extensive line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses, this model can capture vertical video and has multiple connectivity options using Bluetooth® and WiFi® technology, making it ideal for vlogging, uploading content to social media platforms, and web services or for day-to-day usage when capturing life's most precious moments.

Pricing and Availability

The EOS Rebel T8i camera body has an estimated retail price of $749.99 and the EOS Rebel T8i kit with EF-S 18-55mm F4-5.6 IS STM lens has an estimated retail price of $899.99. For more information and the full list of product specifications, visit http://shop.usa.canon.com

About Canon U.S.A. Inc. Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $33 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2019† and was named one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA

sa12203.jpg
    748 x 599 - 55K
    sa12202.jpg
    599 x 573 - 46K
    sa12205.jpg
    800 x 461 - 36K
  • Canon postponed the release of the Canon Rebel T8i (EOS 850D in Europe, Kiss X10i in Japan)

https://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1246288.html