Personal View site logo
Apple Inside: Time to sell, fast
  • It is very quiet talks between Apple developers (I know only Mac division software developers area) and management. Developers had been advised to sell any stock they have during August.
    Rumor is that stock will never return to present levels and in the fall you won't be able to get even 25% of present price.
    Small management talks that top managers invented some new scheme to sell most of their stock unnoticed.

• 29 Replies sorted by
  • Bullshit. I looked up their conference call. Blowout earnings and great outlook

• @zcream

Exactly. Superb outlook always happen in such moments.

And give it a good though how Apple got this numbers with most stores closed, quiet times and overal staggering smartphones sales drop. Part of this talks is that Apple invented new way to cook books with fake sales and especially fake service accounts (I guess they are using for this new US printed money).

I just share inside stoties here, until I can do it.

• Most people in USA are getting more from the CARES act than they earned earlier. This money ends up in stockmarket speculation and unnecessary purchases. I post at stocktwits and many there will daytrade, and if they are lucky go out and buy an iPhone, as its a status symbol. Some Tesla traders bought a Tesla with their gains.

Its backward, but short term stock market gains = more iphones sold = more Apple profits = more stockmarket gains.

As long as the stock market is in a bubble, Apple will do well. If the market pops we are all fucked.

• It might be not the market crash in general, but some event that could hurt Apple specifically. Since Trump announced TikTok ban in the US, the Apple ban in China is highly likely to follow. I think I'm gonna bet a little cash on that to celebrate this trade war escalation. Nice call, Vitaly! Will donate for sure if it plays out well.

• I'll wait until the AAPL split goes through. No reason why it cant hit 2 Trillion market cap before that. The price is already ridiculous, no reason it cant go higher.

I say this as I shorted the market for the past 3 years, and I'm wiser now. Do not underestimate the power of Robinhood and other retail traders.

Remember that the free money goes until the elections. Free money can be leveraged via options and futures. Until that cash keeps flowing, the markets keep rising.

I'm betting on Apple to 600.

• The Fed will print into oblivion for sure. Then you can buy AAPL calls and puts at the same time and gain whether it goes up or down.

• Issue is that that it can't rise more, it is that market will be in unstable state.

I tis grant illusiont hat stock market is top priority for FED now. It is not.

• Fed has a printing machine. Until USD is the worlds reserve currency, nothing is the problem. Then one day, it will flip and come crashing down.

Apple to the moon. Tesla to the moon.

• Why stock market is being inflated for now

System needs thing with big rates, but stock market can't do it now, byitself, without printing and injecting trillions.

All the tech giants are essentially giant money laundering machines.

sa13979.jpg
    670 x 442 - 55K
  • Also, flood of liquidity from central banks. Co-ordinated infusions from past 10 years.

• @zcream

Past 10 years is nothing if you compare it with past 4 months.

• Talked to one guy who is not in Apple, but left them last year and had nice pack of shares.

His words - get out as soon as possible, Apple started to lie openly, very dangerous sign.

• Independent research shows that 95% of iPhone owners in China will abandon Apple infrastructure and sell their smartphone in case WeChat won't be available.

• 'Fortnite' maker Epic Games sues Apple over App Store policies

Fortnite developer Epic Games is suing Apple after the company removed the game from its App Store. In a lawsuit, Epic accuses the iPhone maker of anti-competitive and monopolistic behavior. “Epic brings this suit to end Apple’s unfair and anti-competitive actions that Apple undertakes to unlawfully maintain its monopoly in two distinct, multibillion dollar markets,” the company writes in a court filing, pointing to Apple’s control over the App Store and payments processing for in-app purchases.

Notably, the game developer says it’s not seeking monetary damages, but is instead asking the court to force Apple to change its App Store policies. Specifically, Epic takes issue with Apple’s “exorbitant” 30 percent cut from in-app purchases and the fact that the iPhone maker doesn’t allow developers to sell the same services outside of the App Store.

A significant change to Apple’s App Store rules would be a major boon to Epic. The iOS version of Fortnite has raked in more than $1.2 billion, according to data from analytics firm Sensor Tower.

Epic revealed the lawsuit after Apple booted Fortnite out of its store hours after the game started offering iOS users discounts if they made purchases directly from Epic, rather than within the game itself. “Apple’s removal of Fortnite is yet another example of Apple flexing its enormous power in order to impose unreasonable restraints and unlawfully maintain its 100% monopoly over the iOS In-App Payment Processing Market,” Epic states.

PDF of Lawsuit:

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA EPIC GAMES, INC., Plaintiff, vs. APPLE INC., Defendant

https://cdn2.unrealengine.com/apple-complaint-734589783.pdf

• It is certainly normal looking, not some bublle, no

sa14170.jpg
    800 x 486 - 49K
  • In a letter to Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook on Thursday, a trade body representing the New York Times, the Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal and other publishers said the outlets are looking to qualify for improved deal terms to keep more money from digital subscriptions sold through Apple’s app store.

News publishers currently pay Apple 30% of the revenue from first-time subscriptions made through iOS apps; that commission is reduced to 15% after the subscriber’s first year.

"The terms of Apple’s unique marketplace greatly impact the ability to continue to invest in high-quality, trusted news and entertainment particularly in competition with other larger firms," said the letter, which is signed by Jason Kint, chief executive of the trade body, Digital Content Next.

Everyone hates Apple now, and wants their chunk of money while Apple still have money at least.

sa14187.jpg
    800 x 518 - 54K

sa14208.jpg
    800 x 486 - 46K

sa14210.jpg
    776 x 450 - 68K

sa14228.jpg
    800 x 615 - 62K

Two of developers I know sold 100% of their shares last week.

sa14271.jpg
    785 x 271 - 52K
  • It seems timing was right

sa14371.jpg
    621 x 449 - 39K

sa14511.jpg
    800 x 449 - 56K
  • Hmmm... interesting that Apple already has an Apple Watch that monitors your blood oxygen level, just when cities on the west coast United States and Canada are suffering from disrupted blood oxygen levels from wildfire smoke.

The new Apple Watch Series 6 will feature an app that lets you monitor your blood oxygen level right from your wrist. The watch has infrared sensors on the bottom that scan the color of your blood to determine how much oxygen is flowing through it. The device can also notify users if they are at a higher altitude, to remind them that their blood oxygen levels may be different than normal.
  • Since Fortnite debuted on the iPhone in 2018, Apple has provided Epic with an exceptional array of benefits. Apple has licensed to Epic its full suite of developer tools, which Epic has used to create more than 200 Apple-reviewed modifications; at Epic’s request, Apple has pushed more than 140 unique updates to end users, and has made systemic changes to enhance game play in Fortnite. Apple has provided a tremendous amount of marketing support by promoting Fortnite in the App Store, featuring Fortnite in keynote events, sending over 500 million marketing communications about Fortnite to end users, and even placing Fortnite billboards in Times Square at Apple’s expense. Perhaps most significantly, Apple has given Epic access to its one billion iPhone customers, and facilitated transactions with them using the safe and secure App Store. More than 130 million people have downloaded Fortnite on the iPhone, earning Epic more than $550 million through iOS alone. For all of this, Epic has paid Apple just $99 each year for a developer license, plus a 30% commission on digital purchases by end users.

Epic now wants to play by different rules—it wants to keep enjoying these extensive, and expensive, benefits of Apple’s ecosystem, including continued access to Apple’s iPhone customers—for free. To avoid paying Apple, Epic smuggled into Fortnite a “hotfix” that bypassed the App Store’s payment functionality, in willful breach of its contractual promises that prohibit cheating the system. Simultaneously, Epic’s CEO Tim Sweeney declared war against Apple “on a multitude of fronts—creative, technical, business, and legal.” Decl. of Philip W. Schiller (Schiller Decl.), Ex. G at 2. Apple reasonably responded by exercising its absolute right to remove Fortnite from the App Store, and terminating the developer privileges of Epic and its affiliates, unless and until Epic comes back into compliance with Apple’s policies. Epic refuses to do so, and instead asks this Court to issue an extraordinary order blue-penciling the parties’ agreements so that Epic can use Apple’s services without paying any commissions.

Apple horrible document

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cand.364265/gov.uscourts.cand.364265.73.0.pdf

Extreme Apple defeat in this part is very important, and the bigger will be the consequences - the better.